Thread: Deleting blog posts

Blog Entries

Deleting blog posts

I think I am wanting to start a blog to document my kitchen project. But I accidentally hit the "blog this post" button on a reply to another thread so I now have a blog started. How can I delete it so I can start with a clean sheet of paper? And is there a resource which explains all about blogs? I really don't understand the differences between a thread and a blog.

Ole....A blog is a user controlled thread...you can choose if anybody else can post or not post.....and other options. You can find information under FAQs in the blue bar above.

Where is the post you want changed? Can you link me to thread and give me the post#? I will see if I can change it's status.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Ole,

I had never blogged here so I wasn't aware of what you can do. So I blogged my previous post in this thread.

Keep in mind, as a Moderator, I see a slightly different screen than you do and have more options/controls.

I created a blog and my previous post was there listed as "Uncategorized" in the Blog Categories section mid-page on the right edge.

I selected the "Uncategorized" entry...it opened up.....in the upper right corner was a blank box. I checked the box, the blog entry changed color indicating it was selected and near the bottom right corner was a option "Moderation" ....I clicked on the arrow and one of the options was "Delete Blog Entry". I selected "Delete Blog Entry" and another window opened and near the botton was a "Delete" button. I selected Delete and the blog entry was removed.

Again.....as a Moderator I see a little different screen but blog users are supposed to be able to control and edit their own blogs.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 01-30-2013 at 5:21 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Blog Entries
    Ken, Thanks, with your guidance I finally found the correct check boxes and successfully deleted the inadvertant blog post.