Thread: E-Z Guide Rocks

What?

OK I too want to know what an E-Z guide is? Where will the answer be? Harry

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Goodwin
    OK I too want to know what an E-Z guide is? Where will the answer be? Harry
    Harry, here's one place to start: http://www.eurekazone.com/
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Quote Originally Posted by Oskar Scylla
    Sorry Mr. Mann, I am new here and didn't know this was a big issue. But I still am glad to hear his comments even if they are old to some of you.
    Oskar,
    Please call me Greg, and don't be sorry. I re-read you statement and I believe I misinterpreted a little. You stated you wanted to do a comparison, not that you wanted us to help you with it. I think it is wise to do a comparison because both systems have a lot to offer. The threads are here if you search. The pros and cons of both have been covered.

Greg

Oskar,

I too would like to extend a big welcome to you.

As you can see I have only been a member of SMC for a few months and had no idea of this being a heated issue when I made my post. I was just so happy with the product that I wanted to post a personal testimony of my experience with it as I would with any new and worthwhile quality I was pleased with. Through my post I was able to learn something I had not considerated about circular saw size in making a decision on a future purchase. As John said, this is a wonderful forum and a great group of people.

I hope I have not accidently opened a can of worms

Happy woodworking....

great help

Thanks John for that site. Never have seen anything quite like that before. Harry

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Noles
    Oskar,

I too would like to extend a big welcome to you.

As you can see I have only been a member of SMC for a few months and had no idea of this being a heated issue when I made my post. I was just so happy with the product that I wanted to post a personal testimony of my experience with it as I would with any new and worthwhile quality I was pleased with. Through my post I was able to learn something I had not considerated about circular saw size in making a decision on a future purchase. As John said, this is a wonderful forum and a great group of people.

I hope I have not accidently opened a can of worms

Happy woodworking....
    Bob and Oskar,

There is absolutely nothing wrong with expressing your pleasure, or displeasure with a product. That is part of the process around here. In times past, this particular Festool vs. Eurekazone issue has generated more heat than light. We even refer to it as F vs. E because everyone knows the history. We just excersize a little more caution these days about not getting started on the comparisons. Not much, if anything, has been left unsaid, so it became counterproductive to rehash things. You will find this forum to be remarkably civil, and when things get overly passionate, a kind of self modulating characteristic takes hold, or the moderators will remind us to mind our manners. Makes it a great place.

Greg

Thank you also for the welcome Bob, and no hard feelings Greg. I searched the postings about this and see how you were feeling about it Greg, as you have said I guess you are an "F" guy . Like Harry I'm really impressed with the photos on the "E" website of what you can do with it!

Woodworkers are often passionate when they find a product that they believe to be nothing short of a fantastic value. When competing products that are very close in design are debated the conversation can get lively. Personally I believe this is a good thing and I don't mind jumping into a thread to throw my 2 cents into the pool.

Generally our members respect each other enough to listen and learn and everyone wins when posts are made by woodworkers who think before they type, this is especially true concerning yours truly. Aaron Koehl and I are rarely the ones to end a lively thread, our members generally let us know when the topic has been beat to death so the self-moderating format works really well here at The Creek.

Thanks Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Goodwin
    Thanks John for that site. Never have seen anything quite like that before. Harry
    Thanks Harry.
    From all the folks who designed the EZ-Smart.

And what you saw was just the first face of the "Dead Wood Concept."
    In VA we will see the second face.
    Where versatility and speed meets safety and accuracy.

I hope you can make it at the swap meet.
    Thanks again. I will make a poster with your post for
    our design team (N.A.S.A.) ( Not Another Stupid Assecorie)

YCF Dino

Thumbs up

I have the EZ guide and have just about quit using my table saw to cut full sheets or cross grain cuts on plywood. It is dead on accurate and creates no chip outs. It is also EZ to use.(Sorry, I couldn't resist )

I recently ordered the work case on a Monday with it due to arrive on Thursday. When it didn't show up on the web site as being shipped I sent an e-mail and received and immediate response that it would be shipped that day. I received it 2 days later and it included a couple of extra edges and anti-chip plates. I wasn't in a big hurry so it didn't bother me that it was a little late but I sure appreciated the extras for the delay. Pretty good customer service, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Watkins
    I have the EZ guide and have just about quit using my table saw to cut full sheets or cross grain cuts on plywood. It is dead on accurate and creates no chip outs. It is also EZ to use.(Sorry, I couldn't resist )

I recently ordered the work case on a Monday with it due to arrive on Thursday. When it didn't show up on the web site as being shipped I sent an e-mail and received and immediate response that it would be shipped that day. I received it 2 days later and it included a couple of extra edges and anti-chip plates. I wasn't in a big hurry so it didn't bother me that it was a little late but I sure appreciated the extras for the delay. Pretty good customer service, IMO.
    Thanks Eddie.
    We send extra replacement parts to save our customers on future shipping.
    Some times the shipping can be more than the parts.
    We know what you need and if we can save you $$ why not?
    Thanks again.
    YCF Dino

So I'm trying to make my decision on the two guides. I have been reading from the Festool forum and I think I know what they like so much. But from the SmartGuide users on here, does it really do things so well as they say on their website? Thank you for letting me know.

Oskar

Yes, it does what it is reported to do, does so nicely and, most probably, more! I've had mine for probably close to a year now and it's not let me down, faced with any number of the tasks reported on the site. I have cut down 1/8" plexi and challenged people to pick the factory cut side from my cut. They couldn't! I've cross-cut el'cheopo plywood with NO splintering. I regularly use it to straighten out my rough-sawn boards before processing. It's done it all, saving me great amounts of time and material, while at the same time, allowing me to do the processes safely. Would I do it again??? Heck yeah!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

My Festool saw was rocking also...if you use a clamp it will hold it steady and you can then make the cut...
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Oskar,
    I can honestly say that I have not been disappointed with how any of Dino's products work. In fact... everytime I use them I'm amazed at the quality, ease of use and results. As good as the website is in explaining what it can do...It really doesn't do justice to what happens when you get to use it yourself.

Then there's Dino...who goes beyond anyone I have ever dealt. I don't think I got/get special treatement in anyway...it's who he is. You need to make your own decision about the different products...but Dino can't be beat.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan