Thread: Filter cleaning

Filter cleaning

I have a home made (Bill Pentz model) So I have the two filters stacked on each other. But does anyway have a good way of cleaning them? As I write this I have to take the whole thing apart just to clean the filters. Is there an easier way to do this? And what is a good way to clean them?

If they are the Wynn nano filters you use compressed air in the 60-70 lb range and keep the nozzle about 12" away from the outside and blow off the dust from the outside in. Then remove the bottom canister and take out the dust that has dropped. If you got chips packed in the filters from overfilling the bin you probably want to take them outside to clean. Dave

Blog Entries
    Compressed air on mine, with a plastic catch bag in the bottom pan. The stuff in the pan is as fine as flour. And after I thought I did a through job, I took it outside and ran a leafblower inside the filter and what a dust cloud emerged. That extra step didn't change the filter performance much, I was still running 1.6" wc across the filter, same as with the normal compressed air cleaning. Gauge was up to 3" wc before I cleaned it.

Buy and inexpensive 7 amp electric leaf blower from your nearest HD (I have a Homelite). Use that to blow the filters clean (use the highest speed and remove the wand extension for best results). Works like a dream and much faster than a compressor!