I've been patiently building my workbench (a SYP Roubo) over the past few weeks in my spare time. I'm new to handworking and have been going slow. I bought 2x10's that I stickered and let sit for a few weeks in my basement work area before I ripped them down on my table saw. I then let them sit or a while longer before gluing up the top in 6 inch sections with tite bond after rubbing the boards with naphtha. I glued these sections up using clamps no more than 10" apart across the entire length and let it sit for about 30 hours before removing them to use on the stretchers. Tonight I returned to the top (about a week after I glued up the top) and discover that one of the 6" sections has pulled away at one end a little more than a 16th of an inch. It also has dropped on that end at least an eighth of an inch. When I glued these up they were square. I also used a TON of glue the entire length of each section.

This has me pretty frustrated. At this point should I plane down the 1/8" difference across the face (I've been picking up some hand planes and refurbishing them knowing that I will need to smooth the top)? Or should I separate this section from the rest of the top and re-glue it? Right now my top is about 41/4" thick. I'm thinking it's not cool to fill in the gap where it split.

I only have a table saw, a circular saw, a Disston panel saw, and Stanley 4,5,and 7 planes to work with.