Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laser tape

Quote Originally Posted by George Brown View Post
    Isn't that tape PVC based??
    acrylic based, as far as I know..

Quote Originally Posted by nancy barry View Post
    I prefer rayzist red to iconics green. The iconics stretches a lot which can be good on a wine glass but I have had nothing but trouble getting the release to do just that. I have rec'd new samples several times to make sure it was not "old". I have some dated black rayzist that still releases easily. Raysizst has sales quite often ; sign up on their website for the specials. I also have a rayzist cabinet that is just wonderful..I do very detailed blasting usually at 30 psi and have no lift off challenges .
    hth, nancyB
    I do like the way razist streaches with no pull back better .The price is just WAY to high compared to the ikonics.I am almost out of the green and think will order some iconics and keep an eye out for a sale on rayzist.
    GCC new mercury II 40 watt
    Corel Draw x5 suite
    All kinds of woodworking/construction junk

Isn't that tape PVC based??
    it is acrylic. see: http://duckbrand.com/products/packag...packaging-tape

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Lightner View Post
    Thank you, was looking for an msds sheet but could not find it. I will order some.
    George

Has anyone done halftone photos on their laser tape and been successful? If so, what angle frequency, LPI, halftone pattern ( dots, elliptical, lines, hatch, square, etc)? What type of material you have tried it on? I am interested in hearing others feedback.
    Last edited by Talley Boatwright; 02-11-2013 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Left out questions.

Thank you, was looking for an msds sheet but could not find it. I will order some.
    I couldn't find the MSDS either. But I've used it for a while now without any noticeable
    problems. I get it at Staples.. some day I'll get around to finding a source with a better
    price. But this is the only thing I use it for. (I hate loud tape.. fingernails/blackboard don't
    bother me, but loud tape does, so I try not to use this on anything else! Go figure..)

I called the company, and while the adhesive is acrylic, the tape is polypropylene (or polyethylene, sorry can remember which - CRS setting in), no problem with the laser. I ordered an 8 pack from Amazon, just under $25 with free shipping (added an extra item to get it to $25).
    George

Cool! Not the cheapest tape for shipping, is it?