Thread: Wood Working Supplies in Socal - San Fernando Valley

Wood Working Supplies in Socal - San Fernando Valley

Hello I am in Southern California, Los Angeles, more specifically the San Fernando Valley. I am looking for a woodworking supply store, retailer, or anything to buy supplies from and seek help or advice. I have a few projects to get underway but I can not find the simple things like screws and fasteners that I need as well as wood. Unfortunately it seems that all of the little stores I used to visit have vanished. Sadly...

If anyone who is local can recommend a store in the valley here I would be very appreciative. I want to get started in wood working but need some help finding help where I live.

Thanks,
    Frank

Rockler in Pasadena?

Bohnhoff Lumber
    3411 E 26th St
    Los Angeles, CA 90023
    (323) 263-9361

House of Hardwood
    8934 Ellis Avenue
    Los Angeles, CA 90034
    Tel: (310) 479-4196
    http://houseofhardwood.com

Both are sorta "trade only" in that neither are open on the weekend but both accepts credit cards so you don't need an account.

There's also Eagle Tool just south of Glendale by the cemetery. Excellent store.

Thanks for the leads Peter and Mike. They all look solid and Look forward to going to visit these places.

There's also a Harbor Fright by the above-mentioned Rockler in Pasadena.

Blog Entries
    As others have noted, Rockler in Pasadena. There is a Woodcraft in Ventura with helpful and knowledgable staff. Mayan hardwoods in Oxnard. Anderson Plywood in Culver City. Conejo Hardwoods in Westlake. Eagle tools. Sierra Madre Sawing and Milling in Sierra Madre (East of Pasadena).
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

And, for screws, bolts and the oddities you cannot find elsewhere there is McMaster Carr [McMaster.com]--mail order or drive down to Santa Fe Springs. Also I have heard of a woodworking cooperative shop in the Valley. Woodcraft or Rockler would probably know about it.

Ruperto
    Last edited by Ruperto Mendiones; 02-11-2013 at 11:12 PM. Reason: spelling

Also Reel lumber in Anaheim for great prices.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!