Thread: Resaw band saw blades

Resaw band saw blades

The two ways that I will use resaw blades are.1. slicing veneer which I am leaning toward using the Highland Woodworking Woodslicer and no.2 splitting 2" boards into 1" boards which I will use a 3 tooth 1/2" blades on my Delta 14" Bandsaw with riser block. The Lee Valley catalog has Viking Blades that are 3 tooth 1/2" and then also lists a resaw blade that is 3 tooth 5/8" and has carbide impregnated teeth for $60. Has anyone out there used this blade and what is your experience with it? Thanks Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry wines View Post
    The two ways that I will use resaw blades are.1. slicing veneer which I am leaning toward using the Highland Woodworking Woodslicer and no.2 splitting 2" boards into 1" boards which I will use a 3 tooth 1/2" blades on my Delta 14" Bandsaw with riser block. The Lee Valley catalog has Viking Blades that are 3 tooth 1/2" and then also lists a resaw blade that is 3 tooth 5/8" and has carbide impregnated teeth for $60. Has anyone out there used this blade and what is your experience with it? Thanks Barry
    Hi Barry,

I can't answer your question. I thought I would point out this post in case you have not seen it. A lot of good info and conversation all about saw blades!

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...bandsaw-blades!

I never heard of those I will have to have a look. I usually buy Timberwolf blades, but recently picked up a Resaw King from Laguna and boy was it worth
    the money! I don't think they make them any smaller that 3/4" so I am not sure if you saw will handle that. I did like the Wood Slicers for a number of reasons
    but I always seemed to go back to the Timber Wolf blades, I liked the end result better, until I got the resaw king that is

One thing to consider is that some 14" bandsaws have trouble tensioning a blade > 1/2". I had this issue with my Grizzly G0555. However, I had a problem with the 3/4" blade - not a 5/8". But if I had to pick proper tension over teeth longevity for resaw, I'd pick tension.

I can't do proper resawing on 14 inch band saw with 0.32 thick blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry wines View Post
    The Lee Valley catalog has Viking Blades that are 3 tooth 1/2" and then also lists a resaw blade that is 3 tooth 5/8" and has carbide impregnated teeth for $60. Has anyone out there used this blade and what is your experience with it? Thanks Barry
    I wonder if the "carbide impregnated" blade is from Supercut. They make that claim. I have a few of their blades and am happy with them. The smoothness of the resaw with their premium gold bands are no better than Lenox flexback IMO. They are offering a resaw blade which might be comparable to the Woodslicer and similar. They're 5/8" wide but .025 thick and cut a 0.030" kerf so they can't have much set. I've only used their premium gold, I don't think the resaw bands were offered when I got mine. I'd guess that tensioning wouldn't be an issue like .032" or .035" blade thickness can be. Here's their web site:

http://www.supercutbandsaw.com/products.html
    Last edited by Curt Harms; 02-09-2013 at 9:59 AM.