Thread: Looking for Makita 2012 Planer Manual

Looking for Makita 2012 Planer Manual

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a used (but seemingly working) Makita 2012 for $175(not the NB) Planer -- without manual. I can plug it in, push the ON button, crank the table up, put a board on the infeed table and watch it exit to the outfeed table. But that's all I feel comfortable doing. It doesn't look as if there are any blades/knives.

I know where I can get the blades. But, once I get them, I don't know how to put them in, etc.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
    Benjamin

Try this: http://powertool.manualsonline.com/m...duct_list.html
    When I clicked on the 2012, it said you have to do Register for a free membership to access. I tried it, doesn't have the manual. One post I read said he called Makita and they sent him a copy. Worth a try. Makita site didn't have a link to the manual either, but you can see an exploded diagram here: http://www.makita.com/en-us/Assets/I...ns/PB_2012.pdf

Good luck. Maybe someone here has one they can make you a copy of, or point to where it might be on the net. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

3. Benjamin,

I have a 2012 but would have to do some digging to find the manual. Check the links Jim sent you and if you come up dry, PM me and I'll search for mine. I'll scan them and send you a pdf.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Brisjar View Post
    Hi everyone,

I recently bought a used (but seemingly working) Makita 2012 for $175(not the NB) Planer -- without manual. I can plug it in, push the ON button, crank the table up, put a board on the infeed table and watch it exit to the outfeed table. But that's all I feel comfortable doing. It doesn't look as if there are any blades/knives.

I know where I can get the blades. But, once I get them, I don't know how to put them in, etc.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
    Benjamin
    Our church shop has what I believe to be this model. I got the owner's manual a couple years ago and will send you a copy if you give me your address.
    It works extremely well for what has to be a relatively small motor and only two knives
    For parts, I could find only the special drive belt but no knives. I could probably measure ours & send you the dimensions

Pete
    phay@tampabay.rr.com

I can scan the relevant pages if you need them still.

The blades are the same as used with the newer 2012NB, readily available online.

Good planer, have had mine over ten years and it just keeps plugging along. Very good blade life and they are double sided.

If it doesn't have a dust hood I would really recommend that unless you use it outdoors in a good breeze.

Kent has been kind enough to offer to copy and send me the manual

Wow!

Thanks for all of your responses. Kent from Hazelgreen WI has kindly offered to copy and send me the manual (free of charge). What more can I say about you fellow Creekers? You're absolutely the best.

BTW, I noticed on powertool.manualsonline.com that quite a few people are looking for the manual, so I'll figure out a way to post the manual online so they can get it too.

Hats off to all you helpful people out there. As soon as I finish my kitchen cabinet door/drawer project (my very first), I'll post pics.

Benjamin

Hi! Benjamin,

Did you ever find a way to upload this manual to a site so all those that need it can get a copy? I could us a copy!

Bob

An old thread to be sure but wanted to post the following in case someone else comes along looking for the manual.

The following webpage for Makita Canada has links for both the 2012 Planer Manual (15 pages) and schematic/parts list (7 pages). Also contains links to manuals for many other discontinued Makita tools.

http://www.makita.ca/index2.php?event=Discontinued

Good Luck, Greg