Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So that Sawstop that I bought for my employees

So that Sawstop that I bought for my employees

just saved the tip of my thumb. Almost 4:00 on a Friday - prime time for injuries. I was cutting a groove in the edge of a board, focusing on keeping it tight to the fence. While shaving just a hair more off on a second pass, my thumb ended up being in the wrong place. Those fully buried cuts can be very unforgiving because you can't see the blade. Anyway, aside from some stinging, like I got snapped with a big rubber band, no drama. One tooth left the tiniest score line in the top layer of skin. It barely shows up on the pic as a fine white line. So, thumbs-up...

JR

Wow, Is that the first time you've come in contact with a blade? Your right, late day, end of the week, prime time... good for you.

Glad the decision paid off for you JR. And hey, at least you get a free brake now...

Send that cartridge to SS and they'll send you a free one!

Really making me want to trade in the Uni right about now.
    I'm a Joe of all trades. It's a first, it'll catch on.

That is what that saw is all about (besides being a fine saw in it's own right). Glad you had it.

"Really making me want to trade in the Uni right about now" -- Joe Shinall

When I read about things like this, I feel the same way.

JR it appears that the Saw Stop just paid for itself....

J.R. , How do we know you didn't photograph your thumb BEFORE you cut it off ? Two REAL LIVE thumbs up you being REALLY OK! Cocktail hour ! Gotta go.

So glad to hear you are alright, take care JR

JR
    Right up there in Grizzly country and saved by a Saw Stop, what is this world coming to. Glad the week end will be sweet with no stitches to remove Monday. Tom

All that bodily damage, and now you get to buy a blade. Surprised you had time to make the post before your call to Felder.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Thanks everyone. Isn't it funny that as soon as it happened, I dug out the phone to take a picture and post here?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bolton View Post
    Wow, Is that the first time you've come in contact with a blade?
    I have had two encounters - one with kickback on a SCMS, and one with a biscuit joiner. Fortunately, I missed tendons and bone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    J.R. , How do we know you didn't photograph your thumb BEFORE you cut it off ? Two REAL LIVE thumbs up you being REALLY OK! Cocktail hour ! Gotta go.
    Cocktail hour is ending here, so I will oblige.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    All that bodily damage, and now you get to buy a blade. Surprised you had time to make the post before your call to Felder.
    I'm still infatuated with Italian iron, Mike!
    JR

Glad you're enjoying the exhilaration of escape .Its much better than the throbbing agony of injury.Savor!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    My experience and it is limited thank goodness is you may not have to buy a new blade. The Sawstop brake is aluminum and as such I carefully removed the blade from the brake. I then took it to the most established saw sharpening outfit in the city that sharpens my blades. They looked at very carefully then took it to the back shop and did another examination. They returned with and said it was fine and could find nothing wrong with it. J. R. Rutter you may want to have an expert check your blade out. You may find useable in every aspect. Just do you due dilligence in making sure it is safe to use.

I am soooooooooglad for you.
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge