Thread: Union Tool WA-14M?

Union Tool WA-14M?

This is a 14 inch bandsaw, supposedly 3 speed, 3/4 hp motor, and functional. Any one hear of of these tools? Dude wants $220, is that a fair price?

TIA

Dont know about that brand but $220 for a 14" is a good price even single speed. A side cover by a belt should reveal the pulleys for multi speed.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

It sounds like one of the older generic 14" Delta clones. In my opinion they're not worth much more than scrap weight since if anything major breaks that's all it will be. In my area $220 will get you an older Delta 14" that needs only minor maintenance to get it up and running. (I've bought and sold a half dozen in the past couple of years, some of them I've got for less than $100) $100 would be ok I guess, any more than that and I think you should move on.

Depends how old it is. Union also was a line of old cast iron machines back in the '30s or so. I used to have a Union shaper that was a hobbyist size but all cast iron with big bearings and a heavy spindle and was made in Michigan by Galmeyer and Livingston.

Quote Originally Posted by jim hollenback View Post
    This is a 14 inch bandsaw, supposedly 3 speed, 3/4 hp motor, and functional. Any one hear of of these tools? Dude wants $220, is that a fair price?

TIA
    pictures are valuable in a discussion like this
    Carpe Lignum

This is probably it. That's all Google found.
    That is the max price I would pay. I gave a similar one away several years ago.
    1351034002.jpg
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night