Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I got an email from Woodcraft today, and now I'm ticked....

Yeah, but has he come back?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    Yeah, but has he come back?
    Best I could tell he had a great time. Lots of BBQ and woodworking talk. What's not to like?
    I'd bet he would come back if Terry had another BBQ!
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Closest one to me is about 12 miles but it is VERY difficult for me to get to because this (see link below) is between me and the Woodcraft store. Can't tell you how many "hey, I thought you said you were going to Woodcraft and would only be there about 10 minutes" conversations I have had with SWMBO.

http://www.victorybeer.com/

OP - stinks about your local store moving. They are by no means the cheapest but they are sometimes convenient if you really need something.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
    -Bill Watterson

Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water.
    -W. C. Fields

Well, i moved in the last year from a town that had no Woodcraft, and only one private 'tool' store (actually they are pretty good...General is their primary brand in larger machines, and they picked up Festool for those with serious ka-ching to spend) to a place where WC is about 5 minutes down the road. I buy more from them than i should (don't we all?) but when i think about the time/cost to drive further to save a dollar here and there, it seems reasonable to give them a decent amount of business. I am sure it costs them to be 'convenient'.

BTW, i just received a 10-15% off coupon from WC which, IIRC, is good through early March on most everything....i think some here refer to is as their 'annual 10% off sale'. Anyone with serious stuff to buy might wish to hunt down the coupon if they have not already received it in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Browning View Post
    Best I could tell he had a great time. Lots of BBQ and woodworking talk. What's not to like?
    I'd bet he would come back if Terry had another BBQ!
    I have not been back! I dunno...I might come out if Terry held another shindig...maybe....
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

At least you had it close to you for a while.

There is nothing on the south side of Atlanta. We did get a Harbor Freight but that's still 20 min from me.

Closest Woodcraft to me: 145.48 miles
    Closest Rockler to me: 277.97 miles

I don't want to hear it gentlemen.
    I'm a Joe of all trades. It's a first, it'll catch on.

I looked up their new location and it's right near one of my wife's favorite quilting supply stores. Yee-hah!

The FTW store is inconveniently far for me, but we in DFW can't complain. Two Woodcrafts, two Rocklers, and Wood World? I used to live in NJ and there was nothing.
    Being well-read is not the same as knowing what you are doing.

I was told they were moving because the rent was cheaper. I remember when they moved to their present location. They said then they would have more room and more exposure. Not sure too many people just "walk in" to Woodcraft. I would think you would be going there on purpose.

I will have to stop by their new location on my way home from the airport. If you see someone sleeping in a car in front of Woodcraft at 0700, waiting for them to open, it is probably me.
    Martin, Granbury, TX
    Student of the Shaker style

Woodcraft move

I was told they were moving because the rent was cheaper. I remember when they moved to their present location. They said then they would have more room and more exposure. Not sure too many people just "walk in" to Woodcraft. I would think you would be going there on purpose.

I will have to stop by their new location on my way home from the airport. If you see someone sleeping in a car in front of Woodcraft at 0700, waiting for them to open, it is probably me.
    Martin, Granbury, TX
    Student of the Shaker style

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Shupe View Post
    I was told they were moving because the rent was cheaper...Not sure too many people just "walk in" to Woodcraft. I would think you would be going there on purpose.
    I think you nailed it. Whatever they save on rent would probably be better spent on increasing their advertising (E-Mail to customers, maybe even some radio ads).