Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: muninga/padauk dining table

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Burrell View Post
    Wow...dude...that is AWESOME!

Is that an extension table? Is it your own design?
    in response to your pm on how the top was fastened
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    you can see the elongated screw holes in the skirt. they are also the same in the piece that connects the end skirt to the centre leg. here is also an end view of how the skirt was made. the top mounting piece on the muninga skirt was a hair wider
    ron

the top only cleaned up at about 13/16" thick. I took the offcuts and developed a false bottom edge of about 5/16-3/8(in that area) to make it appear heavier to match the base. matched up the grain from the offcuts to match the top boards and it breaks right on where the bottom bevel begins. this gives the impression of a top with thickness of a full 1 3/16". every exposed edge on the table has a bevel. they are all different sizes
    ron

Do yuo have many more pictures of the build? Would you be willing to share them?

Yes indeed - exceptionally nice work. I must admit to being stumped as to how this opens and closes though, i.e., what parts stay put and what parts move or are removed? I can't see it from my house.
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Murdoch View Post
    Yes indeed - exceptionally nice work. I must admit to being stumped as to how this opens and closes though, i.e., what parts stay put and what parts move or are removed? I can't see it from my house.
    just stand on one end and gently just give it a pull back about 1 1/2". there are 4-2' leafs in the middle. it is on sliding table extenders. if you want to close it up to 8' you will have to take out the middle legs. other wise the middle leg set up will adj to spacing
    here it is at 8'
    [IMG][/IMG]
    here it is a 12'
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    thank you for your comment
    ron
    Last edited by ron david; 02-15-2013 at 6:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Burrell View Post
    Do yuo have many more pictures of the build? Would you be willing to share them?
    what do you want to see?
    ron

Fantastic !!! I love the design !
    MARK

Really, really beautiful. And I love those curved stretchers in the last shot. Magnificent work!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Outstanding work. That is a massive table but looks like it fits well in the setting. Well done.
    Best Regards,

Gordon

the original pictures at the start of the thread have all seem to have vanished

all of the red from the padauk has gone and darkened and is now starting to lighten
    ron

Ron, the Photobucket links for the images in the OP are no longer accessible. (Beautiful work, BTW!)

Jim
    Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Ron, the Photobucket links for the images in the OP are no longer accessible. (Beautiful work, BTW!)

Jim
    Forum Moderator
    thanks. everything in photo buckert is still there. I can right click on it and get into the picture and see them. I have heard of a few other people having the odd problem with the site
    . I just reposted them to the bottom of the thread
    ron