Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Full Spectrum Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    Pre-sale support??? That's a new one on me. I have always referred to that as a sales pitch. That some are more competent than others does not alter the fact.

Laser sales people, like other commission salespeople are money motivated. Their support quickly disappears once the sale is completed. Are there exceptions? Yes, very few.
    One of the good ones is Scott from Rabbit Laser he not only supports his lasers he helps out with other brands very good guy.

Ray Scott has fast built a reputation of being THE man to go to in the US for Chinese sourced machines.

cheers

Dave
    You did what !

3. I see this thread is 3 years old, however, Full Spectrum is still in business. So my question is... has anything change? Any newer reviews? I hope to get a machine shortly, do I still need to avoid FSL?

At least some of their product is now sold by Rockler. I am speculating FSL they will have to maintain a pretty good level of service in order to continue selling through Rockler. If I bought one from Rockler and then got no phone support or slow warranty service, I would hold Rockler accountable for selling unsupported equipment. They are bound to know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mann View Post
    At least some of their product is now sold by Rockler. I am speculating FSL they will have to maintain a pretty good level of service in order to continue selling through Rockler. If I bought one from Rockler and then got no phone support or slow warranty service, I would hold Rockler accountable for selling unsupported equipment. They are bound to know that.
    Rockler knows that: it's probably the main reason they don't sell the CarveWright anymore. It'll be interesting to see how it goes with FSL.
    Last edited by Lee DeRaud; 02-09-2016 at 8:43 PM. Reason: ambiguity, as usual
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Personally I would advise against buy anything from FSL my experiences with them was really bad and it would take more then a couple good reviews to sway my opinion .
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I had a k40 china laser

Quote Originally Posted by greg lindsey View Post
    All lasers have thier bugs, the difference is getting them fixed (support) and getting them back on line. I can't afford to be down for days waiting on parts or phone calls. My new Epilog 36EXT was engraving all over the place out of the box, within 15 mins of my call to Epilog support they called me back and had the answer, a set screw had come loose on a pulley during shipment. Back to making money. They are expensive, but my first EXT paid itself off in 40 days and my new one is 1/3rd of the way along in 3 days of operation. Get what you pay for ...absolutley.
    I had a k40 china laser printer. It was fun, but not really good for commercial use. It had many limitations. But it was fun. If you are a DIY person, and like to tinker maybe.
    Redsail x700, 50watt & Shenhui 350, 50 watt

That's where your information is old...

Between the new 5th Generation "Hobby" machine and the PRO series they have absolutly nothing in common with a K40.. Over the last year or two they have finally started getting the message... They have added to their customer service and tech department. Emails are usually answered immediatly or within a few hours. Machines under warranty are covered with both live and email tech support. Out of warranty machines usually require email support only.. But at least you'll get some..

They still have a little ways to go but a huge leap from 2 - 3 years ago... Rumor is that they are now working on a 6th generation machine at this time. Both the 5th generation and the 6th are designed and built here.. Granted some of the parts are off the shelf items, but that just means they can be replaced easily..
    Full Spectrum Laser 5th Gen, 45 Watt with Gold Catalyst tube
    Rotary Attachment
    Corel Draw X5
    Complete wood shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Troncalli View Post
    That's where your information is old...

Between the new 5th Generation "Hobby" machine and the PRO series they have absolutly nothing in common with a K40.. Over the last year or two they have finally started getting the message... They have added to their customer service and tech department. Emails are usually answered immediatly or within a few hours. Machines under warranty are covered with both live and email tech support. Out of warranty machines usually require email support only.. But at least you'll get some..

They still have a little ways to go but a huge leap from 2 - 3 years ago... Rumor is that they are now working on a 6th generation machine at this time. Both the 5th generation and the 6th are designed and built here.. Granted some of the parts are off the shelf items, but that just means they can be replaced easily..
    pretty misleading statement, they are assemble here but 90% of the parts are made in China.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

. . . and what percentage of Epilog machine content is US made?

Not going to get into a pissing contest with you BERT.. I know you have an issue with FSL.. EVERYBODY KNOWS..... The question was asked " see this thread is 3 years old, however, Full Spectrum is still in business. So my question is... has anything change? Any newer reviews? I hope to get a machine shortly, do I still need to avoid FSL" .

I never said that the parts were or were not made in the U.S.A.... They are not an epilog, etc. etc... They are a hobby machine and the pricing reflects that.. I also spoke about better customer service and better support over the last few years. I guess I should have said designed and assembled here with both American and Chinese parts.. (so sorry)...

Where did your laser manufacturer get their tube, power supply, electronics?

and please don't bother sending me another profanity laced private message because we disagree....

Thanks
    Full Spectrum Laser 5th Gen, 45 Watt with Gold Catalyst tube
    Rotary Attachment
    Corel Draw X5
    Complete wood shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Troncalli View Post
    Not going to get into a pissing contest with you BERT.. I know you have an issue with FSL.. EVERYBODY KNOWS..... The question was asked " see this thread is 3 years old, however, Full Spectrum is still in business. So my question is... has anything change? Any newer reviews? I hope to get a machine shortly, do I still need to avoid FSL" .

I never said that the parts were or were not made in the U.S.A.... They are not an epilog, etc. etc... They are a hobby machine and the pricing reflects that.. I also spoke about better customer service and better support over the last few years. I guess I should have said designed and assembled here with both American and Chinese parts.. (so sorry)...

Where did your laser manufacturer get their tube, power supply, electronics?

and please don't bother sending me another profanity laced private message because we disagree....

Thanks
    This never happened

Just for the record I just checked 7 pages of pm's 162 I sent and not one to Mike
    Last edited by Bert Kemp; 02-10-2016 at 10:46 AM. Reason: checked PM's
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Thanks to this forum, I switched from purchasing FSL to Rabbit, due to the reviews. I likely would have been fine with FSL - virtually same machines, but after finding out that Ray was going to personally deliver my machine, set it and my computer up, and install mirrors and lenses, how could I go wrong? I'm not sure if FSL would have sent a tech to set up their machine - perhaps an FSL owner can let us know. Ray did a great job, and I was up and running immediately.

Still in the honeymoon phase of owning my laser, but it has not let me down yet, and already paid for itself. First job was to cut an intricate stencil from 1/8" duron using the entire 35.5 x 47.5 table, cut lines all 1/4" apart - huge cut file, and no issues, no crashes. However, I knew that there HAD to be a catch for such low cost, and I found the catch - the honeycomb bed sagged in the middle over 1/8", and noticed it when cuts went out of focus in middle, but not on edges. Pulled out the honeycomb, and the aluminum wedged spanners were screwed in on flat, not on edge like clearly they should be. Obviously rabbit thought no one would notice. So I re-installed them correctly and the table is flat all across. If that is all I have to do to save $20K over a comparable machine, then I'm happy with that.
    john.blazy_dichrolam_llc
    Delta Unisaw, Rabbit QX-80-1290 80W Laser, 5 x 12 ft laminating ovens, Powermax 22/44, Accuspray guns, Covington diamond lap and the usual assortment of cool toys / tools.

The point many are missing when comparing the cost is, one should not compare the glass tube machines to solid state, someday when the Chinese make cheap solid state lasers then we can get into who paid more for quality. There are many difference between the glass tubes and RF laser which I feel is worth the cost difference to me.

Kim
    Epilog Legend 24TT

Blog Entries
    Mike,

Just FYI if you werent already aware. FSL is now selling through Rockler Woodworking. One would think that Rockler, who is a fairly decent store, would not have done this without some confidence in what they were doing. Although I remain leery of FSL after their long weak history I have no direct experience with them and their deal with Rockler suggests some measure of improvement. (or not! <grin>) I might suggest though that you hold off on a purchase from FSL if you can and see how this partnership works out and how FSL's quality control and follow up is. If you need to purchase now I might be tempted to buy from someone with an established reputation like Rabbit or Boss or Automation Technologies. At least you know their reputations have been consistent over a fairly long period of time. Just a thought.

And at the risk of being repetitive....remember I have no direct experience with FSL. But in the year I nibbled at the idea of buying a laser I was put off by their reputation both here on SMC and out in the general world.

Dave
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.