Thread: Blade Guard

Blade Guard

Does anyone know if you can buy blade guard that fit over the teeth of hand saws?
    Dennis

At the office supply stores you can get presentation or report covers that have a plastic clip kind of thing down the back, they look just like the ones that come on some saw brands. Large saws need more than one, of course.

Dave

As a sharpener I see allot of different things used as saw guards for handsaws as well as circular saws.
    We get handsaws in that have pieces of 3/8 inch plastic tubing cut to lenght that can be purchased at any local hardware store. Once purchased the lenght of plastic tubing is then sliced all the way down one side, then slide on over the lenght of saw teeth.
    Jim Talbert
    Cardinal Tool Sharpening
    www.cardinaltool.com

As a sharpener I see allot of different things used as saw guards for handsaws as well as circular saws.
    Get handsaws in that have pieces of 3/8 plastic tubing cut to lenght that can be purchased at any local hardware store. Once purchased the lenght of plastic tubing is then sliced all the way down one side, then slide on over the lenght of saw teeth.
    Jim Talbert
    Cardinal Tool Sharpening
    www.cardinaltool.com

Go with the presentation binder option. I've used the tubing, and its a nuisance to put on. Another possibility for SHORT saws with minimal set would be knife guards. Sur la Table has some from Messermeister.

Grace and peace.
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

I use the report binder spines, too--got a bundle of 'em at the local Office Max.