Thread: iPhone forum interface and pictures

iPhone forum interface and pictures

When I got my iPhone 5 and went to SMC, it didn't bring up the normal computer version of the forum. Instead it's like a mobile version. It works well, but many posts that have pictures don't show up and there is just a paperclip icon and tapping it doesn't do anything. Any help?

I can't be the only one to use an iPhone to read the forum can I?

I don't read the forum from it, but I just checked SMC on my iPhone 5, using Safari, and it was usable. I was even able to see pictures. It seemed to be the full version. Aaron did just get it working with ForumRunner (~$2), but I don't have that app, nor do I intend to get it, since I don't need to read SMC on my phone.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

How odd. I was going to start a thread this morning about this very topic. I recently started occasionally viewing the Creek on my GSIII (Android) and I have the same behavior. I can see the link for the Attached Thumbnails, but there is nothing active to click through to open them. Very frustrating.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one! I read SMC quite a bit on my phone since I've got my hands full with our infant at home.

I'm using Forum Runner right now, and I can see attached pictures. Using my SGS3.
    FR does give me problems on a couple other forums

EDIT:
    In fact, the main forumrunner.net site is giving me problems. They have database errors when trying to log on.

Is SMC really sure this was the way to go?
    Last edited by Myk Rian; 02-18-2013 at 5:15 PM.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    I'm using Forum Runner right now, and I can see attached pictures. Using my SGS3.
    FR does give me problems on a couple other forums

EDIT:
    In fact, the main forumrunner.net site is giving me problems. They have database errors when trying to log on.

Is SMC really sure this was the way to go?
    Yes, we are sure.
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

Any idea why smc doesn't show pictures on the iphone and other devices? Or any idea how to view the forum as a normal (safari) webpage?

I'm viewing on my iPhone using safari and I can see pics within the threads. It actually never occurred to me to click on the paper clip. Is it possibly a matter of being logged in?
    Maria
    A woodchick can chuck wood

A bit of an update:
    Maybe it is obvious but I finally figured out how to view the full site on an iphone and be able to see all the pictures. Simply scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Full Site" and viola! To go back, all the way at the bottom left there's a drop down to go back to mobile. Easy enough work around if you had the same picture viewing issues I had.