Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do not sign-up for "Narex bevel edge chisels - NIB" drawing

Blog Entries
    So, why are you getting dust on the outside of you cyclone?

I recently had one where the same guy kept me asking what wood I was using and the dimensions of the stock, even though I had mentioned it in a previous post directed at him.
    Last edited by Larry Browning; 02-25-2013 at 2:07 PM.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Browning View Post
    So, why are you getting dust on the outside of you cyclone?
    I was wondering the exact same thing. Maybe he should cover the outside with plastic bags.
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 02-25-2013 at 2:04 PM.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Dagnabbit. Now I need another monitor!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I drink, therefore I am.

Funny this thread just popped up as I was researching Narex chisels and Google had the original thread as one of the top links to go to. Thankfully I checked the date before I started to type.

Blog Entries
    The other one is now locked, so you would not have been able to post to it anyway.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bank View Post
    Locking a giveaway after the drawing seems to be a requirement from the other boards I'm on. People just go down the line and dredge up things that have been over for months (or even years). And once one person does it, then it is at the top as a "new" post and everyone jumps on. I think that the Trotec giveaway proves that people don't bother to read the first post - just post "I'm in" to it.
    I don't understand why it took so long for someone here to realize it. I know it's been mentioned many times before.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I know of one forum that allows you to lock your own threads. If that was done here, there might not be so many problems.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    I don't understand why it took so long for someone here to realize it. I know it's been mentioned many times before.
    I think the problem was that this drawing was done by and individual and not Keith and company. Then if the OP did not request that it be locked, it would be pretty easy for it to slip through the cracks.
    Larry J Browning

Count me in...
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain

Did you ever manage to get the chisels out of your cyclone, Mike?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    One of the best examples of this was when Thomas Bank was trying to come up with a company name for himself...
    I missed Mike's comment earlier. You weren't the only one pounding their head against the wall, Mike! IIRC, someone actually suggested that I should just bow to public opinion and change my name to Banks... I wasn't sure if they were just trying to be sarcastic or not. But I really would not have put it past someone to think that was a serious resolution to the problem.

There were a LOT of inane suggestions, Thomas...
    I drink, therefore I am.

I remember that thread. Amazing how many folks go through life not reading what's right in front of them. I've sent out monthly emails with all details needed for an upcoming meeting stating specifically each and every time when the meeting was (Last Monday of each month), and I still got emails, phone calls, and questions about when the meeting was...
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain

What's so hard about remembering that the meeting is on the first Monday of every month? I mean, c'mon! Just pay attention. That's all we ask, right Jim?
    I drink, therefore I am.

Oh... Don't get me started on emails...