Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm????

Uuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm????

One of the oddest things I've seen on the bay yet....kinda cool, but very very odd. It made me giggle, and so I had to share it with all of my Neander friends....

Search 150994906167

Nothin' like a good I saw it on Ebay thread to lighten the mood
    Woodworking is terrific for keeping in shape, but it's also a deadly serious killing system...

Made with the super rare barbara streisand approved "Babinga" wood.

Ba-da-binga Ba-da-Boom!

Quote Originally Posted by David Weaver View Post
    Made with the super rare barbara streisand approved "Babinga" wood.
    Priceless!
    Woodworking is terrific for keeping in shape, but it's also a deadly serious killing system...

All I can say is that if you're going to call a hand plane a "peace" of art (LOL), you'd better at least clock the screws

Thanks for posting that. I feel much better about my own unsuccessful tool building/modification efforts now.
    If it ain't broke, fix it til it is!

'e did, John.. Just not the ones on the plane!! :-)
    One can never have too many planes and chisels... or so I'm learning!!

Quote Originally Posted by John Coloccia View Post
    All I can say is that if you're going to call a hand plane a "peace" of art (LOL), you'd better at least clock the screws
    Well John, of course he didn't clock them...they're phillips head!

I keep looking at the "babinga" and thinking that it looks like a Lee Valley prototype that never made it to market. The designer was not only fired, but promptly deported from Canada, and now resides NYC.

My favorite part is the description... "Compare it to similar models from Clifton or Lie-Nielsen ....you'll see what I mean."

That sure is a beauty. Thanks for posting.

I kinda liked his take on the router plane.

I suppose if you set your price sky high,
    you've got room to negotiate?

The sellers "Very unique Veneer Adhesive Sqeegee Lathing Hammer" was nice, but not 100 dollars nice. . .
    " Be willing to make mistakes in your basements, garages, apartments and palaces. I have made many. Your first attempts may be poor. They will not be futile. " - M.S. Bickford, Mouldings In Practice

I agree. The things have their charm. I was just thinking that if someone posted those tools in a thread and said "hey look what I made" I'd be very complementary, especially about the router plane. It's a lovely shop made tool. The handles in the rabbet are even kinda cool albeit the purpose is somewhat confusing....perhaps someone was adapting it to actually cut rabbets as opposed to as a shoulder plane.

Interesting stuff indeed...just not $400 interesting...and the descriptions are endlessly entertaining
    Last edited by Chris Griggs; 02-21-2013 at 5:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Pierce View Post
    The sellers "Very unique Veneer Adhesive Sqeegee Lathing Hammer" was nice, but not 100 dollars nice. . .
    Perhaps you didn't consider the fact that its not a hammer, but a hummer...

"I have tried many different Veneer hummers and found this one to be the most comfortable to work with."

Bet that hundred dollars seems pretty cheap now, huh? Meanwhile, I need to get back out to the shop to finish hummering some veneer.

He keeps saying, "one of a kind." I do not think it means what he thinks it means.
    Not all chemicals are bad. Without hydrogen or oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.

Quote Originally Posted by daniel lane View Post
    He keeps saying, "one of a kind." I do not think it means what he thinks it means.