Thread: Jet BS parts - Where to buy?

Jet BS parts - Where to buy?

Today was a sad day...I have spent the last 3 weeks getting my craigslist bandsaw cleaned up and ready to use. Just as I was nearing completion, the cast aluminum upper blade guide piece cracked from top to bottom! GRRR! Now my question is where is the best place (other than Jet if possible) to order this piece? I have attached pics showing how it cracked. Has anyone else had this happen?2013-03-10_17-11-02_427.jpg2013-03-10_17-10-54_910.jpg

Don't know which Jet you have but Ereplacement parts is where I go to get just about any part for my tools.
    Excellent company to work with and they ship parts right out if they have them.

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/

You could also have it welded at a good weld shop or a boat propeller shop.
    Last edited by Bill Huber; 03-10-2013 at 7:09 PM.

Taking it to someone experienced with welding aluminum is a great suggestion.

Failing that, I can say that my experiences with Jet's parts dept is not extensive but they have been helpful and prompt.
    They may be more expensive for parts [I got a bandsaw wheel bearing from them and later found that I could have done a bit better from a bearing supplier but it saved hunting around for the exact part].

I may have some spare parts that will fit. It's not Jet parts, but they seem pretty similar. I'll upload some pics later.
    Thanx,

shotgunn

-----------------

More is DEFINITELY more!!!

That's about a $20 part from ereplacement. I've had great luck finding Jet replacement parts. Availability seems good and prices seem very reasonable. I bought a new dust hood for my old Performax sander ( now a Jet product). It was $11. You will definitely pay for shipping, so now is a good time to think about anything else the saw needs, like belts or bearings.

Thanks for the great suggestions. For the record it is the 14" closed stand. The two new options i found was replacements and Mike's tools. Mike's was bit cheaper. Any experience with them? Mike post away

I had similar happen with a '90s vintage Grizzly. My guide was pot metal. My lesson was, don't get carried away when tightening bolts.

Curt,
    It may b pot metal. Regardless it seemed to crack too easy! Thanks for admitting to having (caused) the same issue. I may have torqued it just a bit extra. Silly me.

I just ordered Delta bandsaw parts from Mike's Tools which Delta took 2 1/2 months to tell me that they're on backorder (have to make them first? ). Mike replied to my email within an hour and verified that they had them in stock. He shipped them out that day, and I installed them this weekend. Great business. Delta should hire people like this as consultants to improve their customer service.

Edit: I'm guessing that's pot metal rather than aluminum.

You'll surely find something on Mikes. Try checking this site too http://bandsawparts.com/Jet14BandSawParts.cfm .

Thanks all. I ordered it from Mike's. So far top notch communication company! Still can't believe the one cracked!