Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can I cover up my mistakes?

Joe,

The picture is a little deceptive. The upright sections, let's call them dividers, are not parallel and evenly spaced, most noticeably at the top. Again, the picture for some reason was rotated 90 degrees when I posted it, despite repeating it a few times. If you were to measure the spaces horizontally between the dividers on the top section (where the cubbies are the smallest), you'd find that opening size at the top is not the same as at the bottom of the divider. And there is a little variation from one cubby to the next, though they were supposed to be identical in size. They aren't off by a lot (which may explain why it's hard to tell with the picture) but enough to be noticed.

I've always said, it's not if you make mistakes, it's how well you can hide them.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Brewer View Post
    I've always said, it's not if you make mistakes, it's how well you can hide them.
    It's the first thing I was taught 40 years ago: A good carpenter knows how to fix his mistakes.

4. I hope you don't mind but I rotated the picture for you.
    photo (1).jpg
    It looks like you might have gotten mixed up on which side to reference the biscuit joiner off of. It does look consistent though. I would just finish it and learn from it. Maybe if you could make some legs that go all the way to the top that get thinner at the top but have a gentle curve on the outside edge to accentuate the curve in the piece. Something like this but not this extreme.
    vanity.jpg
    Last edited by Alan Bienlein; 02-23-2013 at 7:48 PM.