Thread: Mini Max band saw fence design

Mini Max band saw fence design

good day wws
    I was trying to get some ideas for an aftermarket fence for my new band saw and was hoping that one of the mm owners would provide a picture of their fence and any comments pro/con about it. The same goes for the Laguna saws or for that matter any other decent saw.

thanks
    lou

Lou, the MM fence is similar to a table saw fence--it clamps to the front rail. Its adjustable for blade drift by loosening one bolt which holds the fence to the guide. Pretty simple device. My particular fence is only about 5 inches high which is too low for resawing at times. However, I think height is a compromise because there are times when its too tall like when I'm resawing thin stock and need the fence and the guide adjusted closer to the top of the table. Then the fence gets in the way.

The fence is tightened by the orange lever. Drift adjustment is made by loosening the bolt just above the orange lever. The fence is easily removable.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dennis

Drill and tap a couple of holes (easy and durable with cast iron) and you can attach all the jigs and accessory fences your mind can come up with.