Thread: More Questions about Wiring Switch on a Bandsaw

More Questions about Wiring Switch on a Bandsaw

I've got an late 60's Delta 14 bandsaw, and I need to put a new switch on it. I've bought a magnetic switch and a couple of you have been very helpful in giving me directions to rewire it (especially David Morse - thanks!). Here's the original thread:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ring-on-Switch

I think I've got everything figured out .... except....

There's a little metal box on top of the motor with all the wires in it. I had expected to find three wires (white, green, and black) coming out of the motor. Instead, I found six wires coming out of the motor, and they are all black. I think (but I would not bet my life) that three of these wires were joined, two of the others were joined, and one was by itself. All but one of the wires has a little metal tag on it with a number. Wires number 1, 3, 5 and appear to be joined. Wires 2 and 4 appear to be joined. And the wire that I think was all by itself doesn't have a tag on it.

Can someone give me some direction here? How do I connect the wires coming out of the motor to follow David's diagram from the original post?

Thanks!
    Mark

More Info: I found the plate on the motor, and there's a wiring diagram. I also found that the wire I thought was un-numbered is in fact number 8.

So, here's what I've got - a black, white, and green wire coming in with 110v power.

I've got six wires - numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 8 - coming out of the motor. The motor has a diagram on it (pic attached).

How do I wire this thing?

Thanks,
    Mark

photo.jpg

Visio-motor.pdf

Hi, please see the attached drawing......Rod.

Thanks Rod!!

IT WORKS!!!

Thanks to everyone who helped!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Largent View Post
    Thanks Rod!!

IT WORKS!!!

Thanks to everyone who helped!
    LOL.....You're welome,,,,,,,,,,Rod