Thread: Stencil Material

Stencil Material

I am looking for a source for reusable Stencil material. I would like to be able to cut it with my laser machine. Would like to fine a source on the West coast or maybe even Washington State.
    If anyone out there has created reusable Stencils I could also use some tips and tricks. This is my first attempt at doing this.
    Thanks to anyone that takes time out of their busy day to lend me some advice.
    Kathy
    SCM blasting cabinate, Roland GX24 Vinyl plotter Epilog 60 Watt Laser Engraver Geo Knight Heat Press, Sublimation System, 2 head Embroidery Machine and many other toys.

are you painting with this or sand blasting?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy Moore View Post
    I am looking for a source for reusable Stencil material. I would like to be able to cut it with my laser machine. Would like to fine a source on the West coast or maybe even Washington State.
    If anyone out there has created reusable Stencils I could also use some tips and tricks. This is my first attempt at doing this.
    Thanks to anyone that takes time out of their busy day to lend me some advice.
    Kathy
    If for painting Google "Oil Board" and you'll get lots of sources. I've also used thin mylar.

Neal
    Neal Schlee

Machines:
    ULS X2-660 120 watt SuperSpeed
    Multicam Pro 102 Dual Z CNC Router & Multicam 44 Plus Dual Z CNC Router
    Shop Built Custom CNC Machines
    Mutoh VJ 1204 Wide Format Printer
    55" Laminator
    Graphtec 54" Vinyl Cutter
    Sublimation Equipment
    Sand Blasting Equipment
    Various Woodworking Equipment

Software:
    Aspire, Enroute, Flexi Pro 10.5, CorelDraw X6 to name a few!

I agree with the above, also Frisket, available at any art supply, which I use as an airbrush stencil, but it's actually easier to cut on a plotter, and often designs are too big for the laser. While it's reusable for artmulti-color, it won't keep it's shape that well for lettering. You can also use very thin polystyrene, like .015 - I used to get it at Northwest Sign Supply, but that was before they got sold to Grimco. I have also gotten it at Laird Plastics.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

I like oil board. It cuts beautifully on the laser holds up to multi coats of paint and is generally ideal stuff for most of my needs.

https://www.google.com/search?q=oil+...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7