I dropped and cracked my Speedy 100 lens (hmm, 10 days ago now). I immediately ordered a replacement lens both from laser research optics AND 1 from ebay.

Funnily enough the Chinese got here first. I left everything on my machine alone, since it was working acceptably before I broke the lens, stuck the new one in (verrrrry carefully), but no go. I used the same settings 100/80/300 for engraving and 100/.2/1000 for cutting on 1/4" birch ply.
  • the raster did not remove and same amount of material
  • the cutting seemed like I was out of focus, thick charred line that did not cut anywhere near through. I adjust the height while it was cutting, and the "best cut" came when the air assist nozzle was almost touching the ply. And there was a fair amount of flame also.

So I was glad I got the one from Laser Optics too. Until I arrived toady and I am having the EXACT same issues.

Is there something I'm missing? I've looked around the forums, and it seems people have successfully swapped out lens on their machines....or am I doomed to pay the Trotec price for a lens from them? (Twice the Laser research price, and 10x the Chinese price).

I have orders sitting in limbo and am not sure what to to.

Thanks in advance your kind help,
Jonathan