Thread: Loaner PM66

Loaner PM66

Well, I have been busily working to get my new shop finished out and, in the process of planning for the new DC system, I started thinking about future purchases or upgrades. I have been using a Delta 34-444 contractors saw for several years and have always threatened to get a cabinet saw one day.

While looking at potential cabinet saws, I suddenly recalled something my home builder mentioned casually one day. As he was helping me move some equipment into the shop (he is also my neighbor), he commented that he had bought a PM66 and had never set it up. The plan had been to build a home shop, but he got into the habit of using his business shop and moving contractor's saws from job to job and back to the shop was a lot easier than setting up the cabinet.

So I called him and asked if had plans for the saw or might he be interested in selling it. He recalled that he wanted to set it up in his home shop that he had yet to build, but it was obvious that that project was some time down the road. Then he offered to bring it over and set it up in my shop until he completed his shop.

I thought about his offer for a second or two (wasn't sure if I want to have two large table saws 'cause my Delta has a 30" table with a Unifence and a Uniguard) in the shop, but I have since figured I can find room.

Another alternative is to sell the Delta and stash the cash until my neighbor reclaims the PM (could be another year or so) and then buy a new saw. Sounds like a good opportunity to test drive a PM. I think I hear a gift horse in the background. Whinney!

...Bob

What a deal. I'd jump at it. I picked up a slightly used PM66 recently and love it. You may or may not, but what better way to find out.

CPeter

You could take him up on the offer and then sell yours. Put the money aside and let it grow. Then when the guy wants his back you have a good excuse to go out and buy the saw you want.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Borzelleri
    I thought about his offer for a second or two...
    For that long??? I think you're going to be seeing gold in that there shop...excellent deal, too...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

If you're pressed for space, you could always return the favor and let him have an extra contractor saw for the time being.