Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: any beers I should try?

Great stuff!

Blog Entries
    I like Budwieser the best.

Maybe Coor's Banquet Beer 2nd best.

PHM

I didn't read this entire post so if this has already been mentioned, sorry. I had a Brazilian beer at a Brazilian steakhouse in Philyy a couple yaers ago and it was great. Nova Shinn. Haven't ever been able to find it again, but it was an awesome tasting beer. Other than that, I am pretty much a Busch drinker. Since they changed the sugar in Bud, if i drink a six I wake up with a nasty headache, greasy squirts, and other terribleness. I'd go without before drinking a buttwiper.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Stewart View Post
    I didn't read this entire post so if this has already been mentioned, sorry. I had a Brazilian beer at a Brazilian steakhouse in Philyy a couple yaers ago and it was great. Nova Shinn. Haven't ever been able to find it again, but it was an awesome tasting beer. Other than that, I am pretty much a Busch drinker. Since they changed the sugar in Bud, if i drink a six I wake up with a nasty headache, greasy squirts, and other terribleness. I'd go without before drinking a buttwiper.
    Are you talking about Fogo de choa in Philly? That place is always good
    14x48 custom 2hp 9gear lathe
    9 inch pre 1940 craftsman lathe
    36 inch 1914 Sydney bandsaw (BEAST)
    Wood in every shelf and nook and cranny,,, seriously too much wood!

Anyone remember Falstaff, Hamms, or Burgermeister ( a cold Burgie!).
    Yep - had all three at one point or another.
    Along with Old German, Old Dutch, Schlitz and Weidamann. Carling Black Label ( Hey Mayble, how about a Black Label?). P.O.C (pride of Cleveland)
    IIRC, wasn't Hamms from the land of sky blue water?

Also the ever popular Olde Frothingslosh - both the original 1955 version & the rebirth one in the 1970's.

One I missed though - as in never tried it - was Billy Beer.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by curtis rosche View Post
    Absolutely no IPA's or stoudts .
    I am very fond of IPAs so I am not much help to you, but this past summer in southern France I stumbled (figuratively, not literally) into the world of high gravity beers that were lovely. My favorite was 3 Monts.

Paul

Curtis, I am talking about Fogo De choa in Philly. Great restaurant. I've been back several times and have never been able to get Nova Shinn again. Waiter said it was some sort of export law problem.

How do you manage to drink a heavy beer with so much meat? When I go there its meat, meat, and more meat. Green card, yum.,

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Stewart View Post
    Curtis, I am talking about Fogo De choa in Philly. Great restaurant. I've been back several times and have never been able to get Nova Shinn again. Waiter said it was some sort of export law problem.
    Ive been there a few times. absolutely love it
    14x48 custom 2hp 9gear lathe
    9 inch pre 1940 craftsman lathe
    36 inch 1914 Sydney bandsaw (BEAST)
    Wood in every shelf and nook and cranny,,, seriously too much wood!

Quote Originally Posted by curtis rosche View Post
    Diving into the world of beers I've found a few I like and alot I don't, any that you suggest trying?

I like lagers, some ales like golden monkey or guiness ale, or creamy ales. Absolutely no IPA's or stoudts .
    Since you mentioned you like creamy ales, I would highly recommend Belhaven Scottish Ale. It's good out of a bottle or can but it is to DIE FOR on tap.
    http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/148/1163