Thread: Got the Dust Cobra up and running today.... and it sucks

Got the Dust Cobra up and running today.... and it sucks

When I was told I won the Oneida Dust Cobra I just could not believe it, I have never won anything and to win the Cobra, WOW.

It came in two large boxes, I pulled it out and set it up right in the garage just to check it out, it worked outstanding.

Then to the shop to see how I could get it set up in my little 12x16 shop that is full of stuff already. I just did not have the space to leave it on the wheel stand so I had to come up with another way. They do make a wall mount for it but it would stick out from the wall just to much.

I built a box from 3/4" and put some metal mounting brackets on it, bolted it to the wall and it is doing just fine. I had just enough space under the drill press motor for the Cobra, I did have to pull the drill press out about 2" but that is no big deal at all.

At this time I have the 2 1/2" going to 2 1/4" pipe but I think I will replace the 2 1/4" with something larger. I open my blast gate to the table saw and ripped some MDF and it suck all the dust, none on the floor under the saw like I have had with the shop vac. The Cobra just has so much more volume then the shop vac, plus it doesn't make as much noise as the shop vac did.

I would really like to thank everyone at the Creek for this awesome DC system, it is more then I could ever ask for, for my little shop.

P3104559.jpg P3104565.jpg P3104562.jpg
    Last edited by Bill Huber; 03-10-2013 at 7:12 PM.

Congratulations my friend! May it serve you well!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Ummmm....ditto what Ken said! (Can't really improve on that...)
    Not all chemicals are bad. Without hydrogen or oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.

I didn't realize you were using a shop vac for all you collection. That sort of makes you the ideal candidate for winning the Cobra. Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Congratulations my friend! May it serve you well!
    Perfect reply! +1
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Blog Entries
    What a great upgrade. Fits in like it was made for you. Congratulations Bill!
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

will all you provide Bill, you certainly are deserving....

Charlie