Thread: Check out my updated woodshop tour

Check out my updated woodshop tour

Looking good Thom,

I am glad to see I am not the only pegboard fan. Nice arrangement you have there. I also watched your first tour, do you use the overarm router much, and what do you use it for??

Rick Potter

I saw version 1.0 of "My Shop Tour".... you've done a lot.

Now you need to figure out how to build "space"

Is that the hard-to-find 'Shopsmith router arm' next to the jet dust collector???

Lornie

Blog Entries
    Looking good Thom. Really coming along.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    I am glad to see I am not the only pegboard fan.
    Pegboard gets a bad rap from the bad-old-days. Even my dad still dislikes it for all the reasons that no longer exist with modern pegboard fixtures. I don't have as much as Thom but, I have french cleat mounted panels that can be relocated at will. I have pegboard panels on the ends of my outfeed, workbench and hither and yon.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Yes that's the Shopsmith over-arm router it's also a regular router table as well. Rick I have use the over arm for a few small pattern projects and for making a few slots. The date of manufacture on it is MAY of 88. I found it on Craig's list for $150. I thought it was a good price. It came with everything but the 3 pattern pins so I just ordered them from Shopsmith.
    Thanks to everyone for checking out my shop.

I don't know why but looking at some else's shop is always fun for me.

Glen,

I'm gonna steal your cleat idea and put up a few moveable pegboard panels, since I cannot decide where to mount them permanently. I have so many blister paks of various stuff, my drawers are all full. With the pegboard, I can hang half a dozen on one hook, and find them quickly.

Rick Potter

Nice job thom!