Hi,

Now that I have had the G1023RLWX for a while I took a look inside and was surprised to find a lot of sawdust buildup inside, at the bottom of the cabinet. One reason was a thin sliver of wood had fallen in and was blocking the exit point to the dust collector. Having a buildup does not really bother me as I feel it just fills the dead space and provides an optimum shape for saw dust extraction, something that would be difficult to incorporate in manufacture.

That being said, I wonder how efficient the shroud at the bottom of the blade is. If it really worked well, then there should be minimum sawdust found inside the cabinet.

At some point I made a ZCI and that should eliminate the thin strips of wood from falling in and blocking the exit point to the dust collector piping for the cabinet. The tubing from the shroud was clear of sawdust buildup, so I suppose it is functioning as designed. There is one triangular hole in the shroud near the blade and I have no idea how it developed. Not sure if it is an issue or if it would be a warranty claim.

I made my ZCI out of 1/2 inch lexan which I was fortunate to get some scraps of from work before I retired. Easy to look in now and see if there is any buildup of saw dust in the area of the blade...have not see any there yet.

So at this point I see no reason to remove the blade shroud. But if I did I think I would cut the exit hole in the side of the cabinet to match the 4" dust collector pipe that I use in my system...