Thread: For my first post, I have a simple request...a picture suitable for engraving...

For my first post, I have a simple request...a picture suitable for engraving...

i just want to have a picture that has been engraved to someones satisfaction...sized (preferably under 12 * 12), adjusted, dithered, etc etc etc, so i can try it on my machine and play with the settings to practice. Doesn't have to be fancy, just something with all the photoshop etc processing already done so that i know if it looks bad, it is the fault of my settings.

thank you,
    a.j. reilly

Alan it helps to post details of the type of machine that you have and the type of material that you wish to engrave. Search on my previous posts and you will find suitable pictures already processed and confirmed suitable.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Alan, I don't know which machine you have but perhaps you could ask your manufacturer (ULS, Epilog, GCC?) for a couple sample pics that you could use for testing. What method were you planning to use to convert photos yourself when you prove it out? Were you going to use Photoshop?

You could also check out ULS One Touch Laser Photo.
    It automatically does all the settings for you.
    Light Engraved, Inc.
    CustomEngravingChicago.com
    779-324-2550
    Epilog Helix 24x18 50 watt LASER.
    Rotary Attachment.
    CorelDRAW x5.
    ULS 1-Touch Laser Photo.

Vision VE810 ROTARY ENGRAVER.
    Vision Pro software.