Thread: FS Laser Professional Series CO2 20x12 Laser. Good or Not?

Question FS Laser Professional Series CO2 20x12 Laser. Good or Not?

I am new to the laser etching business. Love this forum. OK here is the problem, Want in but limited funds. Big Three are out of range mostly. Was looking on EBay today and saw ad for FS Laser in Las Vegas. They had a Professional Series CO2 20x12 Laser with RetinaEngrave 3D Ethernet that is 60 watt ($2000 option for 90W) with options at $8495. I see the price is pretty good but is it a good unit.
    There are several lenses available 1.5", 2.0", 5.0" and a basic chiller ($600) with Radiator and pump. There was a advanced chiller for $1200 that said it was for the 90 watt use for more than 2 hours straight. One thing I did not see was any tech specs for DPI, Speed and such.
    Does anyone have any experience with these guys?

Thanks
    Jim

search for "fs laser" and "full spectrum" and you'll find the answers you are looking for...

OK So I didn't do a good job of forum search. I just found some of the horror stories about this companies customer service and bad shipping practices. I just am not quite ready for the Chinese direct ordering experience yet. Don't know who, what , how to get everything right at this point.

Talk to John Kaspar at Hurricane Laser located in Las Vegas, they have excellent lasers, excellent customer service and excellent prices on their Chinese lasers. I have a 60w Ivan and it couldn't be any better.

If you are contemplating paying almost $10k for a 20 x 12 laser , I would look at a used or ex demo american made one. You might even be able to get new for just a little more. Especially a show special..
    An equiv chinese machine to what you are contemplating would be less then $4.5 if you bring it in via a broker..you would probably get as good or even better support if you bought from one of the reputable suppliers...read the sticky thread at the top of the forum..
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Scott fro rabbit lasers is on here and has helped others out he is located in Ohio

Blog Entries
    James,

What's your budget?
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

If you read the horror stories about Full Spectrum Customer service then that alone must tell you their machines are JUNK. They fail and then you get no HELP, all you get is RUDE replies from Henry saying its your fault their machine broke down. Yes I got a hobby laser for 2350 its broke down now 3 times and I got over 5000 into it running it back and forth to Vegas to get it fixed and now they refuse to fix it anymore or to honor their warranty on parts that are still covered and will be covered for another 4 or 5 months, not that it will do me any good because they will not honor their warranty.
    I would also check with Mike at Turnkey Laser, he's in MI so I think he's closer then Vegas to you. He has some good machines in your price range and I have heard good things about him and his support.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Also if you look close that laser your looking at doesn't look much more then a beefed up hobby laser with a couple extras thrown in to jump the price a couple grand.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by James Noe View Post
    I am new to the laser etching business. Love this forum. OK here is the problem, Want in but limited funds. Big Three are out of range mostly. Was looking on EBay today and saw ad for FS Laser in Las Vegas. They had a Professional Series CO2 20x12 Laser with RetinaEngrave 3D Ethernet that is 60 watt ($2000 option for 90W) with options at $8495. I see the price is pretty good but is it a good unit.
    There are several lenses available 1.5", 2.0", 5.0" and a basic chiller ($600) with Radiator and pump. There was a advanced chiller for $1200 that said it was for the 90 watt use for more than 2 hours straight. One thing I did not see was any tech specs for DPI, Speed and such.
    Does anyone have any experience with these guys?

Thanks
    Jim
    Hi James,

I live in Moore. Pretty much a newby myself, but willing to show what I have and what I've learned in the past couple months.

Roy
    Roy
    CorelDraw 12, Inkscape, TurboCAD 19
    Homemade 3-axis 18x51" CNC router
    Vectric Aspire 8, PhotoVCarve, Mach 3
    EurekaZone track saw system