Thread: I have never seen one of these before

I have never seen one of these before

This is from the Seattle CL:
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/atq/3634992608.html
    Anyone seen one of these before?

Jim
    "Your beliefs don't make you a better person...your behavior does."

That is the craziest thing I've ever seen.

Reminds me of those one man band guys with cymbals on their knees.

Where's the lathe?

Blog Entries
    I have essentially the same drill press in a bench mount model. It appears that the saw mounted one flips down when you want to use the saw. I wouldn't want to do that often. I think I would remove it from the saw and mount it to a work bench.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Yes, my friends father has one, still works great. It's the type of combination machine that shares a motor, just like my jointer/planer.

The flip up drill press reminds me of the flip up stock feeder on my combination saw/shaper, same idea except they don't share a motor, the saw, shaper and feeder all have their own motor.

Regards, Rod.

That is a Delta Rockwell Homecraft set. They made several variations in the post-war era. It was a precursor to the Shopsmith series of "All-in-one" wood shop tools. I "inherited" the table saw and jointer from my dad. He bought them used before I was born. He also had a disc sander that mounted on top of the table saw over the arbor but I am not sure what happened to it. Got the drill press from a fellow woodworker who acquired it from his dad. Never used it though. Sold the whole kit and caboodle a few years back. At the time it was the stuff for the space-challenged home wood shop.
    "Live like no one else, so later, you can LIVE LIKE NO ONE ELSE!"
    - Dave Ramsey