Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laser Hold-Downs/Clamps?

Long time since I posted the question. Thanks for the advice and great ideas. Bryce, you probably figured it out by now... the solid plate IS for engraving. Gotta have a grid for cutting. Thanks again! Larry
    "It always looks darkest just before it goes completely black."

Epilog Helix 50 Watt, Corel X6, Illustrator, Photoshop, Sherline Lathe, Wacom Bamboo tablet and plenty of chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce Mccloud View Post
    So are most of these solutions for engraving warped wood?I ask because I'm encountering the same problems with warpage but I need to cut all the way through my 1/8 birch and I assumed my solid job plate was for engraving only.We finally made a pin plate like jig with fingers around te edges but that has brought its own set of challenges!
    if you go to a sheet metal shop, or someone that does heating and ventilation you can probably buy some aluminum grid.. This is the same .5x.5 grid that home depot stocks in plastic, but this stuff is aluminum and works great.. Or maybe that's grate
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Here's something I do every now and then.

Blind rivets pressed into the honeycomb table. 1/4" rivets fit in my table with just a small amount of tension. Enough to hold material down but loose enough that I can still pull out from the top with my fingernails. I probably wouldn't do it too often as I'm sure this method puts some strain on the table. My table is well worked so I don't really care at this point. It's all about getting the job done.

McMaster Carr #97387A347

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-rivets/=l6fjq2

(pulled from an earlier post of mine)
    I design, engineer and program all sorts of things.

Oh, and I use Adobe Illustrator with an Epilog Mini.