Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LN Iron Miter 9 questions

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be using hand tools hardly at all if it were not for those companies and this forum.
    Last edited by Gary Hodgin; 03-28-2013 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hodgin View Post
    I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be using hand tools hardly at all if it were for those companies and this forum.
    We are lucky to be living in several golden ages. We are living in the golden age of beer. When I was young you could buy Budweiser, Pabst Blue Ribbon, and a few others. Now every town has its own microbreweries producing what I'm sure are the best beers ever made.

We are living in the golden age of biography. The unparalleled multi-volume biography of Lyndon Johnson by Robert Caro is just one example.

And we are living in the golden age of hand tools. These tools didn't exist when I was young. You bought (mostly crap) tools in hardware stores. You have to hand it to today's tool companies and, I think, in particular to Tom Lie-Nielsen. He resurrected the great American tool-make traditions and ushered in the golden age more or less single-handedly.

We're probably living in several other golden ages also but these three are most important to me.