Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Easy Knockdown Basement Spray Booth

I'll warn you these pictures aren't pretty but since I've retired the shop is used almost daily. And cleaning is not a real priority. He are some snapshots of what I've got. The plastic sheeting is 6 mil construction plastic, held up by tarp hangers from HF. I added cable above the door tracks because the tracks were too low. This allowed overspray to escape. I use the filters to keep the el cheapo window fans (there are two motors and blades in each fan) as isolated as possible. The fans were Menards specials at $14.95 each. I throw a 7X9 canvas painters cloth on the floor to catch drips etc. I've also added two lights above the booth area. They are only on when I'm painting. The cart is one of two that I use to paint on. They are also my assembly tables. It's nice if your working a big project. You can simply leave the project on the cart and move it in and out of the booth. If you have any other suggestions, comments, or questions let me know.

100_0426.jpg100_0424.jpg
    Wood'N'Scout

Cheap fans cost about $15. You'll spend more than that on filters - probably already did - and they clog up anyway. The fans last a long, long time regardless of what little accumulation they pick up. If they are far enough away the WB is dry and doesn't stick anyway, it just gets blown outside as dust. BTW, if the fans move less air they will draw less power, not more.

John