Thread: Heat press psi

Heat press psi

Hi to all,

I need to know if there is a way to measure and show the pressure of pressing things in a heat press. I saw a video about the new Hotronics Fusion. I need to know if somethig similar can be achieved in a diy style.

Thank you
    Gabi
    Last edited by Balsanu Gabi; 03-26-2013 at 5:53 PM.
    SH-G570 80 W RECI
    Homemade CNC Router
    Emco CNC Lathe
    ArtCam 2009
    Rhinoceros V4.0
    All Vetric products
    SolidWorks 2012
    CorelDraw X5
    Many ideas and very limited time

It would be helpful with someone new but for me it is all feel.. If you need to struggle to close the press then it is too tight... If too loose you will see Fogging or Bleary images. When in doubt do a test with identical items and increase the pressure.... But nothing like the POP of hearing a Clipboard POP from Steam no matter what your pressure....

As for a Do It Yourself... With the CarveWright they use a bathroom scale to measure the mechanical clutch Pressure.

With a press, you could with a COLD PRESS place a bathroom type scale in the machine to "Train yourself" for the feel of different closing pressures.

Over 100 looks and I decided to chime in...

AL
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".