Thread: Duh!!!!!!!!!!!

Duh!!!!!!!!!!!

So I've been revamping my shop including installing a central DC system. So I've been hearing that Wood Magazine did a big DC shoot out. So I'd been looking for it in my many recent trips to the big box stores to no avail. Then I came across a nice issue of Wood that had a real nice cedar raised planter. So I bought it. I plan to build that for our garden to be. I've had it for over a week. Then, last night I'm looking through it diligently when I can across the "Tested & Rated Whole-shop dust collector" article.

DUH!!! Pretty impressive article. I'm about to assemble my Delta 50-850 to my eBay bought cyclone. Can't wait!!!
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 04-01-2013 at 2:09 PM.
    Thanx,

shotgunn

-----------------

More is DEFINITELY more!!!

is this the unit you got:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-mRETeFN6w

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Tarantino View Post
    Yes. I haven't been able to hook it up yet. Have you tried it?
    Thanx,

shotgunn

-----------------

It's certainly well built. The design seems well thought out. It seems as though the cyclone action would not disturb the already settled large chips in the container beneath. I'll be using a 31 gal steel trash can. I told my wife it's like the one Oscar the Grouch lives in, but shinier.
    Thanx,

shotgunn

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Dunn View Post
    Yes. I haven't been able to hook it up yet. Have you tried it?
    not yet. but i'm looking forward to your installation.

Well, not much to report, BT today I cut a 6" hole in the trash can lid and bolted the cyclone to it. I don't have enough 6" hose (and don't want to buy any since I'm planning a more permanent install) to do a temporary setup for testing. So I'll have to get some 6" duct work to connect the DC impeller to the cyclone.

I was originally going to get the HF 2HP DC, but found a great deal on the Delta 59-850. The cyclone was made for the opposite rotation if the DC impeller is to be mounted directly on top. So now I must connect it with duct work instead of a direct type mount.

I can't wait to see what this setup does for my shops DC. I especially can't wait to work on an ACTUAL project instead of shop upgrades and maintainence. I normally really like this type of stuff. However, I have a bit too much to change at once now. The pressure is really on since I got laid off 6 weeks ago. I need to make some cash. Quick!!!
    Thanx,

shotgunn

-----------------