Thread: New Veritas® Spider Vise

New Veritas® Spider Vise

Veritas® Spider Vise

05f9990s11.jpg

Anyone have one yet?
    I was hoping for someone to advise before buying.

There is a section with more info found here.
    Definition of an expert: Someone more than 50 miles from home with a briefcase.

Is there a jig for establishing the angle when used as a pencil sharpener? Cosman?

Awesome!!!! I totally forgot to check for this today. Glad you posted. That's pretty damn brilliant actually.
    Woodworking is terrific for keeping in shape, but it's also a deadly serious killing system...

You know...

This one COULD actually become another "storystick tape"... Stranger things have happened.

K

Two things:

1. I actually want one!

2. It's base appears to be the carver's vise (which I also want), but they no longer offer.
    Rob Lee, can that base be repurposed into one more carver's vise?
    AKA - "The human termite"

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Nickerson View Post
    Two things:

1. I actually want one!

2. It's base appears to be the carver's vise (which I also want), but they no longer offer.
    Hi Chuck -

The carver's bench will be back... it was on extended delay (casting supplier out of business). We had to make new tooling to get another firm to cast it...

Price will be $145 higher now though.... $1095 for the complete Carver's bench.

Cheers -

Rob

Nice, tried to sell it to the wife as a pizza slicing jig but didn't work.

Blog Entries
    Two things:

1. I actually want one!

I can see myself wanting one, if the price isn't through the roof.
    - Mike

Si vis pacem, para bellum

amazing how much time and innovation they put into prototypes for AFD. really impressed!

... It's base appears to be the carver's vise (which I also want), but they no longer offer.
    Chuck, are you referring to the carver's bench? If so that still appears on the site and shows "temporarily unavailable."

05f9990s14.jpg

GOTCHA!

"This is number ten in our ongoing series of April 1st products. If you're interested in having a look at the previous nine, just search for "AFD" using the Search function above. While the Lee Valley Precision Story Tape is the only product that's actually available for purchase, each of the products depicted have actually been manufactured by Veritas®. Not only do they exist, they function exactly as we say: the tool belt really holds more than 500 pounds, the gang saw mechanism really functions as shown, and the Spider Vise actually works. That's part of the fun – the tools have to be credible, and to be credible they have to work. Have a happy April 1st!
    Cheers,

The staff at Veritas® Tools

(busy working on number eleven)"
    Definition of an expert: Someone more than 50 miles from home with a briefcase.

...the tool belt really holds more than 500 pounds...
    The disclaimer for the tool belt is one of my favorite things about the LV AFD items...
    Not all chemicals are bad. Without hydrogen or oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.