Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: laser sublimation

I don't know what's so special about their drivers because I've never used them. The great thing about CLT is the color you print is the color it presses, pretty much. With Dye Sub, the color you print isn't in the same area as the color it comes out of the press. So you need the special drivers for dye sub.

With the MagicTouch products, we print to it like it's a good CMYK printer and it does just fine. Maybe next time we need a printer, we'll buy it from them and then I'll know what's so special about it, but until then, we'll treat it like any other color printer.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    I don't know what's so special about their drivers because I've never used them. The great thing about CLT is the color you print is the color it presses, pretty much. With Dye Sub, the color you print isn't in the same area as the color it comes out of the press. So you need the special drivers for dye sub.

With the MagicTouch products, we print to it like it's a good CMYK printer and it does just fine. Maybe next time we need a printer, we'll buy it from them and then I'll know what's so special about it, but until then, we'll treat it like any other color printer.
    I am not sure about the driver portion, it's more an ICC profile the drivers may have incorporated into it. I have printed some really not good stuff of the laser printer
    because somehow my color management settings got changed. I do find Dye Sub difficult to correct, and have to print a color test from time to time, the profile
    I have from Conde is pretty good for most stuff. One thing to remember both with Dye Sub and CLT is the inks/toners are transparent so the color of the substrate affects it.
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!