Thread: Plastic adapter for DC

Plastic adapter for DC

I've been trying to find a 6" to 5" plastic adapter for my DC system, and have been unable to locate one. Does anybody know of a source for such an item?

Thanks,
    Dave

Woodcraft, and others, have these 6"-1" universal adapters. You just cut the adapter off to where you need it.
    Last edited by Brian Tymchak; 04-11-2013 at 12:35 PM.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

D'oh! I've seen these things several times... obviously, I didn't take too close a look at the specs before passing them over.

Thanks for pointing me there, Brian!

Blog Entries
    A word of caution. Make sure the diameter specs match what you are adapting to. PVC and plastic DC connectors are not very compatible when it come to diameters.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

What Larry said. It seems like there is no such thing as standard sizes in our world.
    Bracken's Pond Woodworks[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You can also take the actual diameters of the fittings you want to mate to a REAL plumbing supply house and very likely get a coupling known as a "no-hub coupling" that will fit over both diameters. A six inch will likely have a total of 4 or six steel band clamps wrapped around a vinyl seal. They are used to join unlike diameters of Drain-Waste-Vent pipe and to tie ancient house sewer lines to modern lines joining the house system to the street. The supply houses also stock bushings to fit inside the no hub couplings and over iour part so almost any combination is available.

Good information, guys. Thanks a bunch!

Dave

Oneida has them, but metal not plastic.