Thread: Cost of Shopbot Desktop?

Cost of Shopbot Desktop?

Being new to the CNC market, what can one realistically expect to pay for a desktop version of the Shopbot? Full list price? price discounted off list? etc.

Seeing as how there is little available in the used market, I think the answer may be full list price.

If you check the shopbot forum,you can see if any members have one for sale.You can also place an ad
    looking for one.You can see if there are any in use in your area.Most members welcome the chance to
    show their machine. This will give you a chance to see if it meets your needs.
    Buying new,would be at full retail,through Shopbot.There are seldom,if ever discounts.

The Desktop is relatively "new" so there are not many "used " units around. However, they do show up on the SB Forum from time to time at a discount from list price (but not buy much). Your break often comes in the form of add ons bits, vacuums etc.
    GARY ROBERTS
    ShopBot Desk Top
    Full Spectrum 60 Watt Pro

Gary,

I see you own a ShopBot Desk Top machine. I was at Jim McGrews Aspire Camp last week and ShopBot had one of the latest models on display. This one had a rotary 4th axis attachment. Ted Hall has been improving this machine since he started offering it awhile back, I saw the prototype for this machine at the ShopBot Jamboree in Durham several years ago....the new machine is light years ahead of where it started.

YES it is evolving. I've taken to just calling in to see what updates might be available, like the new dust/safety shield and a new dust shoe arrangement. The shield was seen at demos etc. I always assumed it was to keep "CNC wannibies" from sticking their fingers in the machine. Now you can order it (anything to help keep the dust down). I must say I really like my desktop...... now if it was just bigger.....more powerful........faster.......
    GARY ROBERTS
    ShopBot Desk Top
    Full Spectrum 60 Watt Pro

You have to take into the fact that you do get both control and design software.

Palm Bay Florida, Warner Robins Georgia, and Nigeria, Africa
    Not to be rude, but not a single one of you responding to the OP has mentioned any kind of price which is what the OP is trying to get a handle on. I have no idea, but am also interested in the answer to his question.

Additionally, it is becoming all to common these days for manufacturers to NOT list their prices on their webpages. They want you to register so that high-pressure salesmen can call you and hammer you to buy their product, often using so-called special discounts. It's a waste of my time and ends of filling my email inbox with countless junkmail after I'm "added" to their updates lists.

This is especially true for this industry and a few others. The internet WWW is supposed to be a place to garner info as needed without having to necessarily go to human interface unless you are ready to take a step further. Price of goods is NOT one of those necessities, and I get upset every time I try to get a price online, and they won't publish it....even their MSRP.
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 04-27-2013 at 1:44 PM.
    Choosing Windows 7/8 over Apple OSX and IOS is sort of like choosing Harbor Freight tools over Festool!

“They come from the desert, but it is we who have our heads in the sand.”
    Ben Weingarten

Shopbot does have the prices of the Desktop on their site.It is hard to give an exact price because of the options.He can price it with the options he wants on their site.
    Shopbot seldom has special discounts.The price listed,is the price you pay,plus shipping of course.Myself I always ask for a quote, just in case there is a special going on
    that I don't know about. Also ask about any "demo" machines they might have.

I was looking on the Internet and found the following prices

http://www.shopbottools.com/mproduct...op.htm#pricing

http://www.camaster.com/StingerI.html
    Hardware:
    CAMaster 508 ATC + Recoil
    2013 Trotec Speedy 100, 60 watt, rotary attachment, vector grid.
    Software:
    CoralDraw - Aspire 9 - EnRoute

Custom Architectural Signage
    Mick Martin Woodworking