Thread: The best sand paper i've ever used

The best sand paper i've ever used

I ordered an adjustable T-style fence from the guys at Very Super Cool Tools and they sent me a complimentary package of assorted grits of sand paper. It is the stiffest sheets I have ever seen and it cuts great and last a good long time. Hands down this is the best paper I have ever used. I used it on a palm sander and a quarter sheet of each grit did a big dining room table that I am refinishing. The table had most of the old varnish scraped off and then I just sanded the rest off. It is so stiff that it would only be good for flat surface as it actually breaks when you fold it. I live in Canada and would use this paper all the time but shipping would kill me. The price is less than a dollar per sheet.
    IMO If you get a chance you should give it a try as it is really good sand paper
    Al
    I have no ties to Very Super Cool Tools

I think your talking about VSM Abrasives..

I just bought a box of belts for my sander and understand that VSM is supposed to be very good quality .. Haven't run them yet but am optimistic ..

They are selling an " E " weight paper which would be extremely heavy ..

I used to buy Grizzly sand paper for my preppin weapon sanding block because it was cheap - and I got exactly the performance that I paid for. The paper would wear out after sanding 5-6 SF of material. I recently got some Klingspor alum oxide with cloth backing and can't believe the difference. I put a piece of 180 grit on about 2 months ago and still don't notice any wear or clogging. Its a little pricier at 1.50 per sheet but well worth it in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by allan kuntz View Post
    I ordered an adjustable T-style fence from the guys at Very Super Cool Tools
    Not to change the subject but I'm going to change the subject. What do you think of the new fence? I have a Unisaw with a Biesemeyer fence and have thought about getting the VSCT fence. Not that I have any issues with my current fence but it seems the other one can do more with all its T-slots and such.
    I Pledge Allegiance to This Flag, And If That Bothers You Well That's Too Bad - Aaron Tippin

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Fisher View Post
    I think your talking about VSM Abrasives..
    But he said he lived in Canada and shipping would be a killer (which I took to mean the sandpaper was from the US). The box you show is sandpaper made in Canada.

Shipping on sheets of sandpaper is not going to be really expensive no matter where you live .. I bought these belt from the local Felder dealer who also sells the Mirka sanding discs..

Most Canadians live in Ontario. Allan doesn't have his location showing but I posted the picture so he would have the address..

I live in western Saskatchewan and never looked at the sand paper while using it but when Rick posted the pic I noticed it is made in Canada and will be checking into getting the paper in Canada.
    As for the fence. I bought it as a supplementary fence for the Incra TS-LS and am waiting for an aluminum extrusion that I ordered in Canada. I am sure it will work very well. I needed the adjustable part because the Incra rails are not as wide as other rail systems. All the t-slots are an added bonus.
    I envy you guys south of the 49th for getting stuff off the internet. Seems every time this tool junkie finds something on the net it is in the USA and if it can not be shipped USPS it is crazy for freight. USPS has no brokerage and UPS does. If memory serves me right t was about 70.00 for brokerage on top of freight when I got the TS-LS from Incra