Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WARNING concerning Access Used Lasers

WARNING concerning Access Used Lasers

Hello all just want to tell you about a problem I am having with Access Used Lasers. They sold my laser per an agreement we had. Received $6000.00 deposit. After they sold the laser they did not pay me the last $6000.00. Now they are not answering my phone calls. I trusted Robert now it looks like I will have to sue them,access@usedlasers.com or via phone at 715-386-8021. Be careful out there folks, I will keep you posted. Joe Flores
    Joe F.
    Graphtec FC 2230 Plotter
    Universal X-660 Laser

Joe

I have sent a PM to you regarding this matter.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Joe. I hope you are able to get things worked out. I do know that they have been around for a long time and as far as I know have always been a reputable business. I would say give it a little more time before you think the worst, hopefully it's just a temporary problem and will be resolved soon. Let us know what happens.
    Paul
    Universal PLS 6.120D 75 watt
    MutiCam Apex CNC 4'x8' w 6 bit TC.
    EnrRoute 6 Pro 3d software.
    Vision 2550 Rotary Engraver.

Joe, I want to send you a personal message but I don't know how to do it! Could you call me? (574) 699-7867 Thanks
    Universal PLS 6.75 75 watt
    Trotec Speedy 300 60 watt

I spent over an hour on the phone with Rob several days ago. Rob told me that his company is in fact suffering based on the results of the economic downturn several years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    I spent over an hour on the phone with Rob several days ago. Rob told me that his company is in fact suffering based on the results of the economic downturn several years ago.
    Keith,

Thanks for chiming in here. It, in my mind, would have been an easy post to take down. Yes, there have been some economical things happening--we are, after all a niche market. I know my little side business has suffered greatly! But, I don't really care as I too am retired (like you). Been thinking of selling out the whole works for pennies on the dollar but everything is paid for and and besides it's still so much fun!!

Bruce
    Last edited by Bruce Volden; 04-27-2013 at 9:45 AM. Reason: grammar
    Epilog TT 35W, 2 LMI SE225CV's
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Not really an excuse is it? He owes the OP $6000. Economic downturn or not, he should pay him in a timely fashion. If he doesn't want to run his business in an appropriate manner, he shouldn't be in business.
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

Are you serious?
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    Are you serious?
    Me? Absolutely. He owes the OP $6000. They were paid when the laser sold. Now it's time to pay the OP. It's really not all that complicated. If for whatever reason Access needs the money, they should get a loan. The OP never agreed to temporarily loan Access Used Lasers $6000. Within 3 days the payment should have been in the OP's account. Anything more is simply wrong.
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20

Easy for you to say. You apparently have never had to wait for receivables to pay bills.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Easy for you to say. You apparently have never had to wait for receivables to pay bills.
    The customer is not a line of credit. If you want to treat them like that, it better be in the contract.

The reality is, what Access Used Lasers is doing is hurting their company long term. They're screwing over a customer to live to fight another day. The difference is, if anyone google's their name or telephone, this will come up. Now anyone looking at them knows their business is in bad shape and they're going to with hold your funds to benefit themselves.

Maybe the OP needed the $6000 for something so he could stay in business. Maybe he needed for a medical condition that he needed treating. Simply put, Access Used Lasers is 100% wrong in this circumstance. They should pay the customer his money and thank him for the business.

Not fulfilling the contract is very serious. I have communicated with Robert in the past and considered his company to be the first stop when my aging ULS 25ER finally stops working and I need a replacement. However, with this new development, I am now very cautious. Perhaps, a new Chinese laser would be a safer bet now. I can't afford to have any problems in staying functional.

Kay
    AerodromeRC
    WWI and Golden Age R/C scale model airplane kits
    25W ULS 25ER, AutoCAD 2000i

Did Access buy the laser outright? Or did they take the laser on consignment?
    Are they consider a consignor or a broker?

If they bought it outright, they may be slow paying.
    If they're selling on behalf of the OP, sounds like they
    never had title to the equipment, so never had any
    claim to the money except for agreed upon expenses
    and any commission.

I'm not suggesting that Access doesn't owe or shouldn't pay their creditors. And my sympathies are certainly with the injured parties in this case but having once been in a situation where it was necessary to perform a juggling act to keep a business going and put food on the table and where it took me an unusually long time to clear my debt (without declaring bankruptcy) I have some understanding of the thought processes of a small business in trouble.
    Last edited by Mike Null; 04-28-2013 at 9:04 AM.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Henry View Post
    Joe, I want to send you a personal message but I don't know how to do it! Could you call me? (574) 699-7867 Thanks
    Dear Sandy, Was nice talking to you, I did get your PM's. Joe Flores.
    Joe F.
    Graphtec FC 2230 Plotter
    Universal X-660 Laser