Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: WARNING concerning Access Used Lasers

Out of curiosity, who was the author?
    Jeanette Brewer
    Engraving Concepts

Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Update on S. Henry vs. R. Bosworth. Trying since 2012 to get payment for sale of laser. I am currently working with a Wisconsin lawyer (following lead from T. Flores) & my hope is that Bosworth will comply with a payment plan - If any payment is 5 days past due, we will immediately set a court date. I'll post again if issue is resolved. Sandy Henry
    Universal PLS 6.75 75 watt
    Trotec Speedy 300 60 watt

Blog Entries
    Thanks for keeping us updated, Sandy...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Interesting that this post should come up at this time. I have been struggling in trying to resolve a payment dispute with Diane Bosworth as well. My story only reaches back to this past January (2015) so it is not as long standing a problem as some have endured. Diane agreed to a payment schedule and then missed the deadline for the first payment. I am looking into legal options at this point. I'm curious to know what other avenues might be available to "get the word out" about what surely looks to be a scam. This forum is great, I only wish I had found this thread prior to involving myself with this business.

-Ed

Blog Entries
    Ed,

See my comments earlier about the article written with the Bosworth's as a quotable business... contact the author (CC the editor of A&E) and let him know this is not just something from the past but an ongoing issue with them. They make excuses of how things were bad "in the past", but they're trying to make things better... right up until the next poor schmoe walks into their business.

Thanks Dan. I will contact them today.

I posted a topic in the general section a while back and just updated it recently about placing a judgement against someone. I wouldn't hesitate to file a warrant in debt against them. They have 30-45 days before the court date to setting it, if not, it goes to court and they'll have a judgement placed against them. They are obligated to pay your legal fees as well, I believe. If you have to hire a lawyer in their city to show up, then it might be worth it, as you should get the money back.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...nst-a-business
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 05-27-2015 at 8:58 AM. Reason: Added Link
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Would it be possible for those folks seeking to collect money owed them, based on a court judgement in their favor; to file a lien against Diane & Rob's house? If you do a Google Map search of their address ( 523 Knollwood Dr Hudson, WI 54016 ) apparently they're running their "businesses" out of their house. I put "businesses" in quotes since it looks more like running scams out of their house based on the posts in this thread. With a lien against their property that lien will most likely be required to be settled out of escrow if they sell their home. Just a thought that might help those folks collect what is owed them. I hate to hear about small business owners getting screwed.
    Thanks,

Mike DeRegnaucourt

Axiom AR8 Pro CNC, 60-Watt Epilog Legend 36EXT, Prusa MK3 3D Printer, SE-DC16, Powermatic Bandsaw, JET Lathe, Craftsman Lathe, Rigid Drill Press, Excalibur Scroll Saw, Craftsman Tablesaw, Delta Dust Collector, JET Air Filtration, Craftsman Planer, Old Craftsman Jointer, JessEm Router Table with Porter Cable 7518 Router, etc...

Aspire v9.5, CorelDraw 2021, Corel Video Studio 2019, ShaderMap Pro, GIMP, Mesh Mixer, Fusion 360, Sculptris, Google Sketchup, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike DeRegnaucourt View Post
    Would it be possible for those folks seeking to collect money owed them, based on a court judgement in their favor; to file a lien against Diane & Rob's house? .
    If their biz is anything but a sole proprietorship or partnership, then NO. SP's and P-ships's owners are completely at risk in business lawsuits, including any and all personal or real property.

LLC's, S-corps and all else's owner's personal property are immune from business lawsuits. The only thing at risk are business assets.

It's a good bet their home isn't listed as a business asset. IF however it IS, then it's fair game...
    Last edited by Kev Williams; 05-28-2015 at 2:00 PM.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    If their biz is anything but a sole proprietorship or partnership, then NO. SP's and P-ships's owners are completely at risk in business lawsuits, including any and all personal or real property.

LLC's, S-corps and all else's owner's personal property are immune from business lawsuits. The only thing at risk are business assets.

It's a good bet their home isn't listed as a business asset. IF however it IS, then it's fair game...
    An LLC et. al., however, can not protect your personal property in cases of gross misconduct. For example, if someone uses your product and dies as a result of misuse, your personal property is shielded in any lawsuits... if your product is marketed towards 4-year olds and includes an explosive device, the LLC cannot shield you and you can become personally responsible in many, many ways. Otherwise, EVERYONE would go for a corporation of one form or another and do whatever they wished. Continuing to steal money from clients would be considered gross misconduct, so a lien on the house would be a useful step, if the judge allows it.

It would seem likely to me, based on the amount of complaints against this company, that there are local (Wisconsin) lawyers that have experience in dealing with collections from them. Does anyone have any experience or recommendations. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I lost track of this thread and forum but Im still playing the game with them. I get a check here and there and then nothing from them. Im thinking of heading up there in a couple of weeks if I can make the time. These people are the worst.

Today I submitted a complaint against Access Used Lasers at the BBB website. I'm still looking into legal options, but hopefully the situation can be resolved without having to go that route. If anyone is interested, the BBB web site regarding Access is located here:

http://www.bbb.org/wisconsin/business-reviews/machinery-new/access-business-solutions-in-hudson-wi-1000005296

My complaint, having just been submitted today (6/5/15) does not yet appear on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Coleman View Post
    Today I submitted a complaint against Access Used Lasers at the BBB website. I'm still looking into legal options, but hopefully the situation can be resolved without having to go that route. If anyone is interested, the BBB web site regarding Access is located here:

http://www.bbb.org/wisconsin/business-reviews/machinery-new/access-business-solutions-in-hudson-wi-1000005296

My complaint, having just been submitted today (6/5/15) does not yet appear on the site.
    The BBB is about as useful as a boat anchor in the desert. I had a couple of claims and they tell you try and work it out. Then they don't want any information and tell you to work it out yourself. they then post that it has been solved.