Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: WARNING concerning Access Used Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    The best we can do is keep this thread active, so Google searches on the company (and owners) will pop up the real info on their behavior...
    It's not working Dan. I searched on Bing, yahoo, google and ask and there is nothing negative that comes up besides a "B" rating on the BBB website. This thread doesn't come up in the 3 pages of results I looked through. I'm not a big believer in BBB but maybe the people who have had bad dealings should file a complaint there - maybe it would change their rating.

My very limited understanding of US law is just that ..limited....but here....that's without a doubt jail time.... "Fraud by false representation" carries anything up to 10 years here with category 2 offences (anything over £100,000 total) having a starting point of 5 years jail plus unlimited fines.

cheers

Dave
    You did what !

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hair View Post
    It's not working Dan. I searched on Bing, yahoo, google and ask and there is nothing negative that comes up besides a "B" rating on the BBB website. This thread doesn't come up in the 3 pages of results I looked through. I'm not a big believer in BBB but maybe the people who have had bad dealings should file a complaint there - maybe it would change their rating.

I filed a BBB complaint against them and usedlasers responded as soon as they got it. I gave them yet another shot and was promised a check for $25 a week til paid off. Not only is that just a sad amount on their part but the payments are irregular at best. They have no problem posting their tropical vacation photos on facebook but paying off their costumers is not on their priority list.

I c/p this thread link to their facebook page timeline. It only shows up on the sidebar so I commented on an article with it as well. People shouldn't give them one dime until they quit ripping people off!

Thanks very much for this thread. I have been in contact with access used lasers about a UVL 120 watt. They do not even have the machine, they advertise that it has been fully refurbished. When I asked for specific work that was done and if the laser tubes were refilled, she told me that they do not have it in stock.
    They are selling on consignment and will get the machine and do the refurb when they get payment.

Thanks for helping me dodge the bullet on this. Anyone know of a good place to find used lasers ??

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Roberts View Post

Anyone know of a good place to find used lasers ??
    The safest place I know of these days is the Classifieds Forum here at The Creek.

this is America - where you can sue anyone for anything. Why hasn't anyone taken these (removed inappropriate language) to the cleaners thru the court system yet?
    Last edited by Scott Shepherd; 01-19-2015 at 10:13 PM. Reason: removed inappropriate language
    Laser: ULS M300-50 watts, ULS X25-75 watt, Chinese 100 and 150 watt
    Software: Corel Draw, Corel PhotoPaint X8, Aspire, MasterCam, Fusion 360
    CNC: Rockler 60th Anniversary Edition CNC Shark, EZ-Route CNC
    Kingsley Hot Stamp machine
    "Out of my mind....Back in 5 minutes"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Silva View Post
    this is America - where you can sue anyone for anything. Why hasn't anyone taken these (removed inappropriate language) to the cleaners thru the court system yet?
    It's not easy, particularly when you're across state lines. Not to mention, even if you win, getting the actual money back is complicated and often impossible.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Thanks for helping me dodge the bullet on this. Anyone know of a good place to find used lasers ??
    Most authorized laser distributors have used lasers available or know of FSBO lasers. I don't know if all manufacturers post used lasers on their websites but I know Epilog does. I'd highly recommend checking with your local distributors in Arizona.
    Jeanette Brewer
    Engraving Concepts

I'm guessing, by way of nothing new posted to this thread, that these issues are still outstanding? I am getting a lot of emails (relatively) from Diane in the last month after nothing for maybe 6 months. Unsubscribed!

Crazy.
    Last edited by Greg Facer; 02-04-2015 at 11:35 AM. Reason: unsubscribed
    80 watt RECI 1290 Shenhui laser.
    Chinese Quick CNC 5x10 toolchange
    Unofficial record holder of 6 tubes shipped for one machine. 2 defective and 4 broken. Recommend Coletech for replacement tube!

Caveat Emptor!!!
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

So I find this on eBay, just needs a tube and it looks like the same machine these people are selling? Are they one in the same? eBay listing Item # 281610999393

ACCESS Business Solutions
    523 Knollwood Dr.
    Hudson, WI 54016

So an email from them or Diane at Diane C. Bosworth @
    Access Business Solutions, Inc and it contains pictures exactly matching the ones posted on the eBay listing above only Access price is $12k and eBay seller is doing a BIN for $6K as a not working machine, just needs a tube and must be moved out of his basement. Cash before moving and I assume inspection.
    Last edited by Bill George; 02-26-2015 at 11:34 AM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

access used lasers update

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Flores View Post
    Hello all just want to tell you about a problem I am having with Access Used Lasers. They sold my laser per an agreement we had. Received $6000.00 deposit. After they sold the laser they did not pay me the last $6000.00. Now they are not answering my phone calls. I trusted Robert now it looks like I will have to sue them,access@usedlasers.com or via phone at 715-386-8021. Be careful out there folks, I will keep you posted. Joe Flores
    Well this nightmare has finally ended. My attorney was able to collect the money. It took almost two years for an attorney. I know other people have send me private messages. To them I will say
    it is hard to collect from someone out of state. I am in Texas they are in Wisconsin. This is the only piece of equipment I sold this way. I would not recommend this method to anyone. They lasers they list
    are often owned by someone else. In the end find an attorney to collect your money.
    Joe Flores.

PS: too all of you who defended Rob & Diane Bosworth shame on you.
    Joe F.
    Graphtec FC 2230 Plotter
    Universal X-660 Laser

Blog Entries
    Good for you, Joe... I'm assuming you actually got money, not just a judgement in your favor, correct? If so, how much did the lawyer get (or were you awarded costs, as well)?

Blog Entries
    As a further update to this thread...

Recently I was going through my stack of unread magazines (my backlog is often a few months) and found an article on used laser purchases in A&E (December 2014). Access Business Solutions (and Rob and Diane Bosworth, specifially) was mentioned multiple times, including the website, with quotes from Rob. Needless to say, I had to write the author (CC'd the editor of A&E) and let him know of the manner in which ABS has been fleecing their customers. The author has promised to investigate from his end, but I can not say what, if anything, will come of it. As I've said before, the best we can do is warn as many folk as possible so they are not scammed in the same manner. And yes, since this pattern of behavior has been repeated time and again over 8+ years, this is definitely a scam.