Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: WARNING concerning Access Used Lasers

Jerome:

I didn't even make it that far into the process. Shortly after I submitted my complaint I received an email indicating

In reviewing the issue you brought to us, it appears that the BBB cannot directly help you with this issue. The BBB does not handle complaints about the following:

Complaints that solely involve the collection of a debt from one business to another, without any underlying product or service issue.

If you wish to further pursue this issue, you may want to contact a bill collection agency or a legal adviser.

I followed up asking if there was any way the BBB would reconsider, since there was a nearly identical complaint from 2010 listed on their website. BTW, this company currently holds an "A" rating on the BBB site.

The BBB is about as useful as the man in the moon. Don't waste your time.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    The BBB is about as useful as the man in the moon. Don't waste your time.
    Agreed. I tried to work with the BBB but they were no help.

I was able to submit a review on the "Angle's List" service. If there are any members of Angie's List that have had experience with Access Business Solutions I encourage you to submit your own review. I'm looking for other avenues to get the word out about this company, also working on some legal avenues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Coleman View Post

I was able to submit a review on the "Angle's List" service. If there are any members of Angie's List that have had experience with Access Business Solutions I encourage you to submit your own review. I'm looking for other avenues to get the word out about this company, also working on some legal avenues.
    I had a non payment issue with someone and was getting nowhere with them, and BBB was useless.
    I finally posted something on Facebook, making sure they got tagged. Lots of friends piled on (they
    knew the situation) and started really doing it up. Very shortly, the owner made an appearance in the
    thread asking me to email him. (He still didn't do anything, but it got his attention) So after another
    week of non-response and no payment, I filed a complaint with the Arkansas Attorney General's office.
    That got someone's attention. Within an hour the old Paypal invoices started getting paid.

The AG's office wasn't going to take any legal action on my behalf, I'm not even sure if they could. But
    if they call you, it must be like looking down the barrel of a pretty large gun. Especially if you're doing this
    to many of your other vendors. In this case, they had stopped paying everyone, holding out for a sale of
    the business. Not sure if it had anything to do with complaints, but that sale fell through.

I wonder if a rapid string of complaints filed against the same company in a short time would get
    someone's attention at the AG's office..
    Avatar courtesy of the awesome Frank Corker
    30w Mercury and workbench so full of misc. tools that
    I can't find any of them. So I have to buy them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Stone View Post
    I had a non payment issue with someone and was getting nowhere with them, and BBB was useless.
    I finally posted something on Facebook, making sure they got tagged. Lots of friends piled on (they
    knew the situation) and started really doing it up. Very shortly, the owner made an appearance in the
    thread asking me to email him. (He still didn't do anything, but it got his attention) So after another
    week of non-response and no payment, I filed a complaint with the Arkansas Attorney General's office.
    That got someone's attention. Within an hour the old Paypal invoices started getting paid.

The AG's office wasn't going to take any legal action on my behalf, I'm not even sure if they could. But
    if they call you, it must be like looking down the barrel of a pretty large gun. Especially if you're doing this
    to many of your other vendors. In this case, they had stopped paying everyone, holding out for a sale of
    the business. Not sure if it had anything to do with complaints, but that sale fell through.

I wonder if a rapid string of complaints filed against the same company in a short time would get
    someone's attention at the AG's office..

I took your advice and filed a complaint with the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection

http://datcp.wi.gov/File_Complaint/index.aspx

In addition to the Dept of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection, anyone with a grievance against this company may also want to consider contacting the office of the Wisconsin Attorney General:

http://www.doj.state.wi.us

I sent them a letter outlining my particular situation, I called their office today and they confirmed receipt of the letter and indicated they were "looking into" the matter.

I can see why Josh elected to go with Consumer Protection, as the
    AG doesn't normally get involved directly in disputes over debt. But
    this isn't about debt, this is fraud and grand theft.

And once a pattern emerges, that's different.
    They need to hear from everyone who has had this problem.
    Last edited by Chuck Stone; 06-25-2015 at 3:42 PM.

Chuck:

I agree with your assessment, it seems to me that there is a definite pattern here. I'm encouraged by the fact that the AG did not dismiss my report and they consider this an "open" matter which they are investigating.

I would hope that anyone with a similar complaint would contact the AG. Of course I want the money due to me, but I think it is equally important that this "pattern" is brought to an end.
    Last edited by Ed Coleman; 06-25-2015 at 8:09 PM.

Although it varies by state, you might do a search for things like 'theft by conversion' or
    'embezzlement by bailee' to give you a little more info. These aren't civil matters, they're
    criminal. I'm surprised there hasn't been an arrest made, but perhaps people aren't aware
    of the laws and are thinking about lawsuits. I think having to call a bail bondsman might
    wake up anyone..

Looks like I am the latest victim of this scam. I am however based in WI and I am proceeding with legal action. I didn't trust my gut on this one. If anyone can be of any assistance with what worked or didn't work for them in the past I would greatly appreciate it.

Nobody has gotten their money quickly and many have received only partial or no payments.

You'd better play hardball.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Rob:

I would suggest contacting the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP) 1-608-224-4953, http://datcp.wi.gov. I was forwarded to that department after contacting the Wisconsin State Attorney General office. My situation has currently been "assigned to an investigator" and I am awaiting any further info. I would imagine, if enough people make similar complaints, there will be a better chance of a positive resolution.

-Ed

Blog Entries
    I'll also add... don't forget to let your AG (or whomever is investigating for you) know who else is working on it. An AG would be happy to know (and share information with) other AsG* who are working it.

* That's the first time I've ever tried to shorten the plural of AG, Attorneys General... I'm not sure if that qualifies as valid
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Blog Entries
    Just a thought regarding the BBB. While I agree they are pretty worthless when it comes to resolving complaints, I think I would still post complaints with them simply because many people look to them for the track record of a company. If you post your complaint with them at least it now appears to those folks and can serve as a warning flag that more diligence may be needed on the buyers part.

Dave
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David Somers View Post
    Just a thought regarding the BBB. While I agree they are pretty worthless when it comes to resolving complaints, I think I would still post complaints with them simply because many people look to them for the track record of a company. If you post your complaint with them at least it now appears to those folks and can serve as a warning flag that more diligence may be needed on the buyers part.

Dave
    Unless you go through their formal process (if you can call it that), they will not post anything. Trying to just post a complaint will not work... the BBB expects it to be a process where the business gets a chance to reply, etc. This is the BBB's way of preventing their site from becoming nothing but a collection of angry mob letters (and a good way to keep the paying companies happy...companies who claim to have tried to work with the customer get to keep their A+ rating, even if it's complete crap).
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5