Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: WARNING concerning Access Used Lasers

Looks like something might have happened to them. Their website is no longer active.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

I just got off the phone with the Wisconsin bureau of consumer protection and was told that Access Business Solutions has declared themselves insolvent and has gone out of business. Their website is down and their phone is disconnected. The rep I spoke with indicated that the only recourse I would have at this point would be to hire a lawyer and sue. I asked if he could send the case back to the Wisconsin Attorney General office (where I originally filed complaint). He said there was not enough complaints against the company to warrant that action; noting that he was only able to fine one complaint other than mine on file with their office.

I don't know what their situation is, if they are truly "insolvent" or if this is simply a tactic to avoid responsibility. When I was last able to log onto their website, they still had my equipment listed for sale, it would be nice to at least get my engraver back - seems like that will require a lawyer and an interstate lawsuit!

-Ed

Information from the Better Business Bureau's web site regarding Access Business Solutions:
    accessBusinessSolutionsOutOfBusiness.png

Blog Entries
    Ed,

See some of the earlier posts. They've started business under a new name, but my understanding is they are still selling used lasers on consignment. Them changing business names makes things more difficult for you, but the law also takes a dim view of people who close a business and start a new one over and over to avoid debt.

I'd look for someone else to talk to...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

It appears that this company is still in business.

Rob Bosworth
    Engravers Connection
    (715) 808-8061
    engraversconnection.com

If both companies are not incorporated then Rob and Diane's personal assets may be at risk. Opening one company while closing another may not protect them depending on how their business is registered.

Just FYI on BBB I thought was very interesting

http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/30/news...eau/index.html

I wonder who rates BBB
    Epilog Legend 24TT

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim Vellore View Post
    Just FYI on BBB I thought was very interesting

http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/30/news...eau/index.html

I wonder who rates BBB
    Here's a fun quote from that article...
    Meanwhile, consumer lawsuits aren't factored into grades at all, no matter how many there are against a single company.
    Explains a lot, don't you think?
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    It appears that this company is still in business.

Rob Bosworth
    Engravers Connection
    (715) 808-8061
    engraversconnection.com

If both companies are not incorporated then Rob and Diane's personal assets may be at risk. Opening one company while closing another may not protect them depending on how their business is registered.

Im wondering if we can get a show of hands of who's still looking to collect money from these people. I know I am.

Josh:

I am still looking into ways to collect...I'm hoping with more "complaints" we can actually get law enforcement interested.

-Ed

For what it's worth, I had a customer not pay us and have taken the legal actions to deal with it. The first thing I did was file a Warrant in Debt. That set a court date (which I assume a lawyer could show up and do for you). If they didn't show up to the court date, then you automatically get the judgement in your favor. If they show up, they have to prove that they don't owe you the money. Once you get the judgement, it dings their credit record pretty badly. It's up to the two parties after that to work out a payment plan. If one can't be reached, you can garnish their bank account, have their assets seized and sold at auction to cover what's owed to you.

We did that, got the judgement and after 6 months of paying us, they stopped. We went back to the court a couple weeks ago and filed the paperwork to garnish their bank account. When that happens, it's going to lock out their bank account, the court actually seizes the money in the account and 45 days from filing, the court will give us the money if they were able to recover it.

Might be worth doing. You might just have to contact a lawyer in that area and have them file it all. I believe you can put all attorney costs into the amount due as well.

Something worth looking into.
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

So, can anyone recommend a layer in Hudson, WI? They also owe me money and I've had nothing but promises for the past year.

Bill Hoss
    Lake Junction Models, LLC

12. Some more infos after our judgement:

My name is Jacky Babilon , Manager/part owner OF KCrea Ltd company, which is established in Rwanda.
    In sept 2009 we ordered one laser machine from Diane C. Bosworth , Access Business Solutions, Inc. and she never send the machine. (19000 USD)
    After months & months of promisses from Diane to refund ... nothing came back. She complained about the economic crisis in the USA etc …
    We have been in contact with the USA Embassy of Kigali who told us that they can’t help us as it was a business problem…?
    After seen this website :
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...d-Lasers/page8
    We threatened Diane with complaint in the court and then received in june 2010 and feb 2011 a beginning of refund (2500 USD) and promisses of integral refund every month ... and nothing since then.
    Today we are in a procedure with a lawyer and judgement has been taken by the court. We win but … no payment cames back ?
    It's incredible that a company likes Access Business Solutions is still in business today and they never been in judgement ?
    They are still working today under the name of
    Rob Bosworth
    Engravers Connection
    (715) 808-8061
    engraversconnection.com
    If anyone is interested to know more about this case, I have all documents to prove my claim, and our lawyer too.
    Enright Law Office
    2215 E Clairemont Ave, Ste 5
    Eau Claire WI 54701
    Office Phone: 715-832-6645
    Fax: 715-832-8438
    If someone can help us, on how we can be paid back after judgement ? What’s the procedure in the USA ?
    Many thanks
    Jacky Babilon

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques Babilon View Post
    If someone can help us, on how we can be paid back after judgement ? What’s the procedure in the USA ?
    Many thanks
    Jacky Babilon

Hi Jacky, very sorry for you going through that. Talk to your lawyer. A Judgement is not a promise to pay, it's just the first legal step of trying to get your money back. It's the legal ruling that they owe you the money. Sounds like you got that. Now the court says they owe you the money, you have to follow other steps to get your money.

It's my understanding that the following methods are methods of getting payment. You should talk to your lawyer about which one makes the most sense for your situation :

-Garnishment

-Writ of Fieri Facias

-Docketing of Judgement

-Interrogatories

Can anyone tell if their current business address is the same as their home address.

I wonder if that meets their local zoning requirements.
    Last edited by Tony Zona; 10-24-2015 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Zona View Post
    Can anyone tell if their current business address is the same as their home address.

I wonder if that meets their local zoning requirements.
    It would seem like it is their business address according to google maps.