Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving a table saw

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Masshardt View Post
    Yes, the cover is missing. Not sure how that happened. He said he didn't have it but I'm going to hunt around his sheds / garage some to made sure.

Should I try to fabricate something for it urgently or eventually?
    It'll help with DC, so let that be your urgency guide.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Dan,

Congrats on the saw and also for having such a good friend. It's a great saw, particularly the Biesmeyer fence.

Craftsman will have parts for it and so will Steel City Tool Works. Steel City made the saw for Cman through its Orion Division.

Do you have the instruction manual and parts list? If not, PM me and I can get you a copy.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by scott spencer View Post

It'll help with DC, so let that be your urgency guide.
    That's what I was thinking the issue would be. I piece of lexan would probably work too I'd think.

My shop is currently a dust storm anyway, so no great urgency there.

It seems like the saw might actually be decent at dust collection with the cover in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Wunder View Post
    Dan,

Congrats on the saw and also for having such a good friend. It's a great saw, particularly the Biesmeyer fence.

Craftsman will have parts for it and so will Steel City Tool Works. Steel City made the saw for Cman through its Orion Division.

Do you have the instruction manual and parts list? If not, PM me and I can get you a copy.

Paul
    Thanks Paul. I believe it's available online. If not, you will be hearing from me.

Quote Originally Posted by scott spencer View Post
    Now that's a friend I'd be sad to see go. Is the motor cover missing? It looks to be nice shape otherwise. I had one of those for more than 3 years and loved it. Mine worked great on 220v and with good thin kerf blades. FWIW, the B.O.R.K riving knife will fit that saw, as will Delta throat inserts. Congrats!
    I ordered but did not like the B.O.R.K riving knife for this saw model. It strapped on to the arbor arm with a couple of hose clamps. So I returned it.

I now have the Shark Guard from Leeway. Uses the existing splitter slot and seems to be a much better fit. I'm very happy with it.

make sure you make a box about the same size as the cover. that is where the motor tilts into for bevel cuts.

+1 on the Sharkguard for the Zipcode saw. But, you cannot do a 45 degree miter cut because the saw's splitter assembly gets in the way. To do a 45 you will need to grind out some of the bottom of your cast metal table insert