Thread: Shop Make Over Update.......

Shop Make Over Update.......

Well it has been a very trying and tireing 9 days. If you didn't see the original posts here is what it looked like before:
    http://www.gpxd.com/Woodworking/ShopMakeover.htm
    I was sucessfull in cleaning up the garage area and pretty much have a new area that works pretty well. The cabinets went well. If you missed it, here is an update I posted earlier, this was prior to having the face frames installed:
    http://www.gpxd.com/Woodworking/ShopMakeover2.htm
    I still have to make doors and drawers but was able to put the cabinets into there new home. The one cabinet is all drawers and the other is all shelves and doors. I am able to utilize the larger shelved cabinet and the top is secured. The smaller one has the top just sitting on it so I can have better access to do the drawer slides. I have a nice area now with lots of storage and will have even more when the drawer cabinet is completed.

I have not taken any new photos, I am pretty bummed at this point. I started to assemble my new table saw last night ( delta contractors saw ) and today while TRYING to finish I discovered I will have to have the wiring redone in the shop in order to operate it. The wiring I have ( 15 Amp Fuses) won't support running the saw. Pops the fuse in a about 2 secs. So I must have that done soon before I can operate it. 2nd, I ran into a wall with mounting the rails on the saw. Crappy directions for the rails etc. and fence, which my unit isn't even pictured in the directions since the T2 fence comes with a Unisaw, that is what is pictured. I figured out how to mount the rails I think but I can't figure out how to mount the tube with the scale on it. The scale lines up way out of line. I don't get it! Anyway, feeling pretty crappy right now after a week of getting up at 8:00 and working until 9:00 at night.
    Will post new pics when I get the saw all figured out!
    Thanks,
    Corey

Sit down with a cold one, you earned it.

Richard

Sorry about your problems with the wiring and with the saw.

I hope that you get everything straightened out soon and look forward to the pictures.

I second "have a cold one"...maybe have TWO!! I would give delta a call in the morning and see what light then can shed on the problem. Have you been to deltawoodworking.com? They have alot of manuals for download...might shed some light. I believe that others have had problems with the "rule" .....so before beating yourself up i would check to see if a new fence might be needed.
    T2 Link http://media.ptg-online.com/media/dm...8-04-29-05.pdf

Did I mention have a cold one?
    Last edited by Tim Morton; 05-15-2005 at 5:04 PM.

Thanks guys. At this point I see how the rails all mount and the large tube as well, however, it looks to me like the darn scale is placed wrong, about 6 inches out or so. I will have to call Delta I guess. The wiring is actually a good thing. That is probably what sent my Craftsman to such an early death.

Corey

Corey -

I agree with Frank. But 'cold one's don't come in ones. Gotta have a couple, more. Look at all you have gotten done so far. You are going to be WAAAAAYY! better off than before. Just a couple of hiccups along the way here. You will get them solved and have a better wiring system anyway.

Good luck and well done so far,
    Ted

One word (or is it two?)...sub-panel!!!

Tim....it looks like one hyphenated word?
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Beer Cory, beer,............ you've earned it
    peace
    mike

Hope you get it all sorted out soon Corey! Looks much better already!

Pause

I can see and understand your frustration! Go outside, walk away from it for a while AND I agree,have a beer or two. It'll look simpler to handle in the A.M.
    Jerry

Thanks guys, I had a couple mountain dews (tea totler ) and yes things are better. I think I figured out the rails and will put them on another night, some one told me that the scale should not line up with the blade, is that right? I can't visualize it without the fence on. Wish I had my old saw to look at.

The splitter is a major headache to adjust on this saw, maybe I am to picky but I don't think so. Souldn't the splitter be centered right over the top of the blade? I use a straight edge and can get the splitter to line up at the front of the blade and the back of the straight edge but their is daylight between the back half of the blade and the straight edge. Any ideas?

Lastly, since I have a 15 amp fuse panel ( not breakers) is it a big deal to add another sub panel? I would like to have 20 amp breakers. 2 for the garage and one for a dish washer to be installed in the kitchen remodel. Is a small sub panel expensive to do? I would like to have the whole house remodeled but I can't afford that right now.

Thanks and sorry for all the questions guys!
    Corey

Corey, regarding the scale lining up with the blade: I've not assembled your particular saw, but having assembled my new Ridgid TS3650 last week, I can tell you it's likely your scale is not supposed to line up with the blade. On my saw, the scale is offset by the distance from the crosshairs on the right side of the fence to the left-hand face of the fence. In other words, when the left face of the fence is touching the blade, the crosshairs on the right of the fence are pointing to zero on the scale, which is about 7.25" to the right of the blade. I have the similar (but opposite) situation with the scale on the left side of the blade -- my fence has crosshairs on both sides of center.

I hope this helps -

- Vaughn

Vaughn I think you are right, according to someone else that is the case and I see from a photo in a book of my same unit, the scale is in the right place. I see now how it works, dumb dumb dumb, can't believe I couldn't figure that one out!
    Thanks,
    Corey