Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: cats

Greg, I don't condone shooting cats (with bb guns, pellet guns, 22s or otherwise) for the fun of it or the sake of it. Cruelty to cats (or any other animal, domestic or otherwise) should not be tolerated.

If your coworker's cat was shot while "roaming" around, it sounds like he needs to address the issue. BUT if his cat was shot while on HIS property, the shooter should be prosecuted. I mean that. The topic of this discussion was directed at a neighbor's cat on the OP's property. I've noticed (at multiple places where I've lived) that cat owners simply allow (or seem to think there is no problem with) their cats to roam. They say "That is what cats do." I disagree. Just as I disagree that dogs incessant barking is "What dogs do." (And I am a dog owner and lover.) Just like smokers that throw cigarette butts on the ground and don't think it is littering (or a fire hazard presumably). Sorry, I DO take issue with other people's lack of responsibility...especially when it affects others. If you are going to smoke, dispose of your butts properly. If you are going to own a dog, don't let it sit outside and bark for hours on end. If you own a cat, don't let it roam off your property. If you can't do those simple things, you shouldn't smoke, own a dog, or own a cat.
    I drink, therefore I am.

instead of shooting the cats, why not import a wild dog/dingo to hunt the cats, was the pets snakes in the state of Florida turn out to hunt the outdoor cats or small dogs ? [ NO , I not kidding ]

Dust the mower with ground red chili pepper. We have to do this when our cats decide to take a dump in the yard. Works every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Burt Alcantara View Post
    Dust the mower with ground red chili pepper. We have to do this when our cats decide to take a dump in the yard. Works every time.

sound like a good idea but how can we spread the pepper without the WIND removing it

If something is not a threat to life of either an innocent, a family member or me I fail to see the need to shoot at it.

At 440 yards (1/4 mile) a standard .22 LR round will have dropped 374 inches and retain 33 FtLb of energy.

Shooting or attempting to shoot at a domestic Cat in the UK almost always carries jail time no matter what the location (Cats are not considered dangerous animals here)

cheers

Dave
    You did what !