Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: cats

cats

How can I keep the neighbors cats off of my riding mower which are keep outside and they got a trail in the grass from walking the same path so many times

capture then in a live trap and sell them. after warning the neighbor of course
    14x48 custom 2hp 9gear lathe
    9 inch pre 1940 craftsman lathe
    36 inch 1914 Sydney bandsaw (BEAST)
    Wood in every shelf and nook and cranny,,, seriously too much wood!

What about one of those motion sensor sprinklers?
    Measure twice, cut three times, start over. Repeat as necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Peterson View Post
    What about one of those motion sensor sprinklers?
    This ^^^, or possibly a tarp over the mower?

Erik Loza
    Minimax USA

5. Ask the neighbors to keep them away from your home and also tell them that its not your responsibility if something happened to them while your using riding mover. or just lock them in your home and release them once your done with riding mover

Are they attracted to the mower because it's warm? Or does it have a padded seat they like?

I like the tarp idea suggested above.Max

At least you won't have mice, which is a much bigger problem than cats.

Blog Entries
    People with cats do not "own" their cats. The cats own them.

It always seems funny that people who do not own pets somehow feel the animals care givers are able to tell them to stop catching birds, digging in someone else's garden or sleeping in a comfortable place.

Does the cat like to sleep on the seat?

If that is the case, make the seat less attractive with a 5 gallon bucket. Maybe put some moth balls in a porous container on the seat.

The trick is to think like the cat and help it to decide there is some place else they would rather sleep. Maybe a secure, comfortable spot that they can be enticed into using with a little cat nip.

One of the cats that came with our house likes to sleep in our greenhouse at times. To keep her from curling up on top of a flat of plants I placed a cushioned mat in an empty flat and she now sleeps in it.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    People with cats do not "own" their cats. The cats own them.

It always seems funny that people who do not own pets somehow feel the animals care givers are able to tell them to stop catching birds, digging in someone else's garden or sleeping in a comfortable place.

Does the cat like to sleep on the seat?

If that is the case, make the seat less attractive with a 5 gallon bucket. Maybe put some moth balls in a porous container on the seat.

The trick is to think like the cat and help it to decide there is some place else they would rather sleep. Maybe a secure, comfortable spot that they can be enticed into using with a little cat nip.

One of the cats that came with our house likes to sleep in our greenhouse at times. To keep her from curling up on top of a flat of plants I placed a cushioned mat in an empty flat and she now sleeps in it.

jtk
    the moth balls is good tip but maybe the cat will be better than a family of mice so I decide to leave the cat along except I will keep the seat off-limits by placing the seat in a up position

Blog Entries
    Try one of these. We bought one to keep our cat off the counters and table. It senses the cats and lets out a harmless burst of pressurized air. Cats don't like it. It automatically resets and is ready for the next cat.51L65zBsoJL._SL1000_.jpg
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Tashiro View Post
    Are they attracted to the mower because it's warm? Or does it have a padded seat they like?
    LOL, I bought a custom tarp [dark grey ] and think that it are warmer under the tarp

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    Try one of these. We bought one to keep our cat off the counters and table. It senses the cats and lets out a harmless burst of pressurized air. Cats don't like it. It automatically resets and is ready for the next cat.51L65zBsoJL._SL1000_.jpg
    3 ? where can we buy this ? how many dollars do we need for 2 cans ? what do you call this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Fischer View Post
    At least you won't have mice, which is a much bigger problem than cats.
    For the cat people out there, here's the DWs two cats.
    Ragdolls
    They both sleep on the bed every night + the 60 lb. Irish setter

Christmas_12_Coco.jpg

Christmas_12_Dream.jpg
    Last edited by Tom Fischer; 05-03-2013 at 6:17 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ray hampton View Post
    3 ? where can we buy this ? how many dollars do we need for 2 cans ? what do you call this ?
    Just google search for SSSCat and you will find several sources. It is available at Amazon, Pet Smart and others. Cost varies, but Amazon has it for $25. It comes with one can, but refills are available. One can lasts quite a while.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute